Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I'm a Dive Guru. What type of diver are you?

Thread: I'm a Dive Guru. What type of diver are you?

Registered Users

Default I'm a Dive Guru. What type of diver are you?

This is a funny diver personality quiz that you might just like....

http://underwaterasia.info/dive-talk...ality-quiz.php

"What are my traits?
    Diving for you is an experience that borders on the spiritual. You feel completely at home in the ocean and love nothing more than to spend your dives enjoying the feeling of freedom and weightlessness.

Before each dive, you try to find time for a period of quiet mediatation in order to strengthen your bond with the ocean. You are patient and kind, but occasionally lack focus - often mistaking your dive guide's tank banger for the call of a passing Whale.

You feel a strong connection with marine life - especially Turtles & Dolphins - and feel honoured that they have chosen you to be their portal to the other world... if only you knew what they were trying to say."

Only partly true, but very funny.

Enjoy....

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Very cool! This is what it says about me:

Thrill Seeker

What are my traits?
    Your idea of the perfect dive is a remote & seldom visited spot, where apex predators circle your head as you cling to the current-swept reef for dear life.

If you thought you saw the shape of something big in the distance, you would not think twice about abandoning your buddy to jet off into the blue for a closer look. You have a keen interest in marine life, but almost no knowledge of any fish or critters smaller than you as they hold no interest.

Remote locations, plummetting drop-offs, caves, caverns & currents hold no fear for you as you boldly seek out the most thrilling & exciting experiences that the underwater world can offer.

________

Like you all didn't already know that about me.

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

I'm a .....

Snap Happy Diver

What are my traits?
    Your underwater camera is always at the ready and you find it almost impossible to look at an interesting fish without spending 20 minutes photographing it.

You view your camera as your buddy and the person you dive with as an unwanted distraction, who kicks up sand, asks annoying questions about your air and generally ruins your focus.

Your dream dive site is a shallow, beautiful, coral reef teeming with curious & colourful marine life and you can often be found chasing a fish around the reef or hanging at an absurd angle, desperately trying to get that prize-winning shot.

How true! My dive motto is "Snap first, ID later". you'll never know if you can ever get a shot again (even the a rear shot is better than nothing!

PS: only using a compact camera with built-in strobe, it has video as well. I do a video of my trips for rememberance of the marine life and the activities during No-fly time......
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

I'm snap happy too. I have no buddy but I do have a camera or 2
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

City
    Deerfield Beach
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Navy Diver

What are my traits?
    You are very experienced and extremely knowledgable, no doubt with training beyond that of a recreational diver. Marine life holds little interest for you and you love nothing better than a dive to great depths, searching for a lost shipwreck or a rumoured underwater cavern.

You consider yourself to be a supreme diver who can deal with almost any situation and tend to look down on inexperienced divers with a thinly veiled distain... unless they are pretty.

Your most prized possesion is likely to be your dive knife - and your dive equipment, while 20 years old, is still able to endure almost anything from freezing water to a Shark attack.

State
    FL
    Country
    USA

HAHAHA I'm a

Navy Diver

What are my traits?
    You are very experienced and extremely knowledgable, no doubt with training beyond that of a recreational diver. Marine life holds little interest for you and you love nothing better than a dive to great depths, searching for a lost shipwreck or a rumoured underwater cavern.
    This is a bit off I love looking at the marine life.
    I don't know about "extremely knowledgable"... (I've forgotten more than most people know) j/k

You consider yourself to be a supreme diver who can deal with almost any situation and tend to look down on inexperienced divers with a thinly veiled distain... unless they are pretty.
    I never look down on inexperienced divers. You can learn from any diver.

Your most prized possession is likely to be your dive knife - and your dive equipment, while 20 years old, is still able to endure almost anything from freezing water to a Shark attack.
    This is true LOL