Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Default HELP wanted!!!!

Hi,

I really need some advice!

I have a new wet suit (Scubapro Everflex) - when I bought it I was told it was a seperior fabric and a lot more comfortable to wear and easier to put on. However, I have just come back from Jamaica where I experienced terrible *****ly heat on my forearms from my wrist to 3/4 of the way up my forearm - just where the tight rubber seal is. (This seal gripped my arms so tightly that when I tried to peal it off after a dive it felt like removing and plaster and literally pulled my skin up with it.) It seems strange that I didn't have the *****ly heat anywhere else on my body and that it was exactly where the seals were. (There are seals on the ankles but these were always bunched up due to my very short legs so didn't seal and didn't cause me a problem.) I wanted to know if anyone else has had *****ly heat with this or any other suits?

If you have had problems with suits causing *****ly heat are there any suggestions you can make regarding a better wet suit or a way of avoiding it? I am pretty desperate as the itching was very extreme and marred my holiday - it felt like my skin on my arms was crawling the whole time and I got no sleep at all. I am willing to buy a whole new suit if necessary, even though this is a new one or may be an exposure suit or something to wear under it - again any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

On this subject I have also wondered about getting a suit specially made for me as I have such short legs and the legs literally bunch which is very uncomfortable. If the knee pads are in the correct place I have to have it all baggy around the ankles as the legs are physically too long by a couple of inches. Has anyone had any experience of buying a custom made wetsuit and what sort of costs am I looking at?

If you are someone who has suffered with this condition - have you got any advice to avoid it or treat it when it happens? I have tried hydrocortizone (sp) cream to no effect. I even tried quadrupaling (sp) the amount of anti-hystimines recommended I was that desperate - I have never felt such awfull symptoms ever before - the itching was soooo intense. I do not want this to put me off going to tropical countries but at the time I was ready to jump on the first plane home!!!

Thank you in advance to anyone answering my questions or giving me advice - I am so grateful for your contributions. :-)

Regards,

Ingrid

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

To any one reading the above I don't know why it has blanked out the name of my complaint but just read it as 'heat rash' then!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Default Help please

Hi,

I really need some advice!

I have a new wet suit (Scubapro Everflex) - when I bought it I was told it was a seperior fabric and a lot more comfortable to wear and easier to put on. However, I have just come back from Jamaica where I experienced terrible *****ly heat (heat rash) on my forearms from my wrist to 3/4 of the way up my forearm - just where the tight rubber seal is. (This seal gripped my arms so tightly that when I tried to peal it off after a dive it felt like removing and plaster and literally pulled my skin up with it.) It seems strange that I didn't have the *****ly heat anywhere else on my body and that it was exactly where the seals were. (There are seals on the ankles but these were always bunched up due to my very short legs so didn't seal and didn't cause me a problem.) I wanted to know if anyone else has had *****ly heat with this or any other suits?

If you have had problems with suits causing *****ly heat are there any suggestions you can make regarding a better wet suit or a way of avoiding it? I am pretty desperate as the itching was very extreme and marred my holiday - it felt like my skin on my arms was crawling the whole time and I got no sleep at all. I am willing to buy a whole new suit if necessary, even though this is a new one or may be an exposure suit or something to wear under it - again any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

On this subject I have also wondered about getting a suit specially made for me as I have such short legs and the legs literally bunch which is very uncomfortable. If the knee pads are in the correct place I have to have it all baggy around the ankles as the legs are physically too long by a couple of inches. Has anyone had any experience of buying a custom made wetsuit and what sort of costs am I looking at?

If you are someone who has suffered with this condition - have you got any advice to avoid it or treat it when it happens? I have tried hydrocortizone (sp) cream to no effect. I even tried quadrupaling (sp) the amount of anti-hystimines recommended I was that desperate - I have never felt such awfull symptoms ever before - the itching was soooo intense. I do not want this to put me off going to tropical countries but at the time I was ready to jump on the first plane home!!!

Thank you in advance to anyone answering my questions or giving me advice - I am so grateful for your contributions. :-)

Regards,

Ingrid

Country
    USA

Well, I guess we are seeing the limitations of banning certain words! lol.

I would call Scuba Pro, they are a good company, but you may be experiencing an allergic reaction. Try soaking the for awhile, maybe even using a disinfectant like Virkon tablets that us rebreather guys use to disinfect our breathing loop.

Can you trim the wrist seals?
    SMN Publisher

never had any problems like that but to get it on and off easier use dilluted conditioner. There are lots of companies that can make custom suits, kind of depends on where you are located but I had a buddy in CA order a custom suit from Italy. So search on the net a find a company you like. I have several friends that dive the 7mm everflex and they haven't had rash issues but they do fall apart easily, not the best for durability. I'd take a look at Xcel or body glove before going custom.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Thank you.

I have been to the dive shop and they suggested that I try a rash vest before going to the expense of buying a new suit. I am going to try that for our Egypt holiday and if that doesn't work I shall be looking at the firms suggested.

Thank you again.

Ingrid

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

That sucks, I would try to return the wetsuit and pick out something different, or call Scubapro and talk to them. They are a reputable company and should make things right.

Now when I was a kid I used to surf and always got a rash around my neck from the wetsuit. I applied petroleum jelly to my neck when I would wear the wetsuit and it really helped. I no longer have that problem.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Um, check out your other identical post for my reply.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Before anyone gets a bit confused - I've merged these two threads that Bubbles created, before anyone gets confused as to which thread to reply to..

Hence why the conversation above might not flow...
    Lottie

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
    Thank you.

I have been to the dive shop and they suggested that I try a rash vest before going to the expense of buying a new suit. I am going to try that for our Egypt holiday and if that doesn't work I shall be looking at the firms suggested.

Thank you again.

Ingrid
    Bubbles,
    if you try using a rash guard, try using it before you go to Egypt. Just get kitted up into your wetsuit (along with your rash guard) and soak yourself in your bath-tub for an hour or so.

Just my tuppence
    Lottie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast