Thread: Are you still diving?

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    IThis Sept. I am booked on a 1 week liveaboard (first time for me) and first real scheduled vacation.
    Enjoy! Hope you don't get any spoil sport onboard, that would really be a damper and you'll be with that person for the next few days!

I enjoy the feeling of of the "world spinning around you" like you're still onboard when you get back to land......
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Went to Lanzarote in November and Egypt in March.

Booked Egypt in June, Lanzarote in November (I'm running the 1/2 marathon again) and Thailand in Feb.

I've completed about 150 dives so far this year, 2 today, 1 yesterday, 2 last Thursday, 3 Wednesday.

I dive in the UK for work (Scallop Diver & teaching), when I'm not diving I'm renovating my girlfriends house, she then pays for the holidays instead of paying a builder to do the work
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    What, like 77 degrees instead of 80?! lol
    No more like her new hubby doesn't dive, so Lottie doesn't get to go diving as much any longer.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    Went to Lanzarote in November and Egypt in March.

Booked Egypt in June, Lanzarote in November (I'm running the 1/2 marathon again) and Thailand in Feb.

I've completed about 150 dives so far this year, 2 today, 1 yesterday, 2 last Thursday, 3 Wednesday.

I dive in the UK for work (Scallop Diver & teaching), when I'm not diving I'm renovating my girlfriends house, she then pays for the holidays instead of paying a builder to do the work
    Sorry, but 8 doesn't equate to 150!! (sorry - just me being sarcastic!)

You've got some good holidays booked up - nice to see that the economy isn't dampening anyone's diving..
    Lottie

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    No more like her new hubby doesn't dive, so Lottie doesn't get to go diving as much any longer.
    Hey Ace - To be truthful, haven't been diving since July....had too much to do and so little time to do it !!
    I...will...get..back...into the water
    Lottie

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Just got back from the Yucatan for 8 days and good quality diving! http://twotankedproductions.com/trav...heyucatan.html I dive about 100 plus or minus per year now that I am slowing down! Next trip in August to Roatan and back to Fiji in November. Will do some diving in between and you never know what will pop up? Did get an offer for Belize this summer? If my skin dries too much, my gills start to bleed!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    What, like 77 degrees instead of 80?! lol

In Southern California, in the winter, the water gets down to 54 degrees at the outer islands, and anyone but a sadomasochist dives a drysuit.
    Oh yea 54 sounds GREAT!!!! My last 20 dives have been in the mid-high 40's in a wet suit and I love it!!! Good old central CA upwelling in action. But I've been diving way more this year, already have 50 dives so far but I haven't had to pay for anything and some of them I've actually got paid....amamzing! But really 50's is a wetsuit is nice, I will admit that I started to get cold after 40 mins in 44 deg water but it was the best dive I've had in a long time.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Absolutely - try keeping me out of the water!!! Just returned from 2 weeks in Jamaica - still suffering from the jet lag LOL. We are booked for a week in Marsa Alam in September and have already booked for Tobago in February.

Must get around to visiting your island, Lottie. Mind you, I hope it isn't as wet as Jamaica was!!!

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    Sorry, but 8 doesn't equate to 150!! (sorry - just me being sarcastic!)

You've got some good holidays booked up - nice to see that the economy isn't dampening anyone's diving..
    Sarcy indeed, another 2 today, yesterday & monday, only 1 on Sunday and didn't dive on Saturday.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    We all know that the economy isn't exactly at it's best at the moment. So I thought i'd ask the question...
    - Are you still planning/taking scuba diving vacations or going scuba diving in your local area?
    I am Diving every weekend apart from when I have a little drinking session or a round of golf ,I am off to Thailand in November and I will booking soon for 3 week trip to the Philippines in February or March not decided were to go yet I dived in Cebu about 15 years ago but i want to try out a new spot ,so I am looking for any suggestions
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast