Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mabuhay! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mabuhay!

Registered Users

guys,

meron ba sa inyo familiar sa lobo batangas? specifically, ung site kung tawagin e plansta? sino operator na kilala nyo dun? i need tanks and a good guide to take me to plantsa. i've seen pictures of groupers as big as small cars from the place.but this was a long time ago. was wondering if anybody could gimme a headsup on the site.
    keep breathing . . .

jay

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by jonix View Post
    minsan pards. ilang beses na ako dyan sa ligpo with matthew, paolo villegas & portulano people
    been to bajura ligpo lately? ang ganda these days!
    keep breathing . . .

jay

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by deep flight View Post
    guys,

meron ba sa inyo familiar sa lobo batangas? specifically, ung site kung tawagin e plansta? sino operator na kilala nyo dun? i need tanks and a good guide to take me to plantsa. i've seen pictures of groupers as big as small cars from the place.but this was a long time ago. was wondering if anybody could gimme a headsup on the site.
    wow! those are big ones... id like to see them too...

ask diverep, he's always in batangas.

try miniloc island in el nido. they have big jacks. bigger than ur regular sized fins.

been to bajura ligpo lately? ang ganda these days!
    haven't been back there since july '06. i think i'll be visiting again soon. thanks for the heads up.
    It's a sin to live in the Philippines and not be able to dive.

Registered Users

Default Pinoy divers group

hi

gusto lang po mag tanong kung meron bang organisasion nang mga Pinoy scuba divers around Manila. And if so, where do they hang out... I would like to meet them. Im an American that is born and raised in the Philippines and I have been away for a long time. Im slowly making my way back sa Pinas. Im a PADI Certified Rescue Diver and I enjoyed diving sa Mindoro. Im gonna be retiring soon from my job here in the US and I want to go back in the Philippines. Im gonna be leaving US law enforcement and Im hoping to apply and use what I have learned in the US Army and the Police Department there in the Philippines. Anyway, Im hoping to make friends there again for I lost touch with my old frinds when I was in school there sa Pinas. Anyone that knows any groups please let me know... thanks

Mike Hansen
    Longrifle762@yahoo.com
    Last edited by fuzz; 04-27-2007 at 11:28 PM.

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Hi Mike,
    Mahiyain yata mga tao dito haha
    I don't know about any local divers' associations. BUT if you ever need buddies to go diving in Anilao, Galera, etc., you can always come with my group. We're inviting new people all the time and our DM's a really good guy (especially in a fix hehe). Just holler when you're already back in Pinas
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

hi mike!

there are a lot of pinoy dive groups here in the PI. one is Dive Republic. you are free to join our group. visit our website at www.diverep.com or PM diverep.

there is also a group called Scubarats (para sa mga BARAT or those who are in a tight budget). there is also Scubasoreros (they like to clean the the ocean/beach like basoreros/ garbage men)

i also found this group named SEALS? try searching it on yahoo groups. i tried to join that group but my request was rejected because i think my so called essay was too short in words or maybe they just dont like me...lolz ohh well....

anyway, why not join Lu Ann's group and my group... the more friends you have the better... masaya din sa group namin... down to earth...parang family...
    Last edited by santelmo; 04-29-2007 at 06:31 AM.

hey there fuzz! as said by hte others, there are numerous groups to hook up with. (including my group ) of course all for the love of diving. hope to hear from you!
    The more the manier

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Mahiyain yata mga tao dito haha
    I don't know about any local divers' associations. BUT if you ever need buddies to go diving in Anilao, Galera, etc., you can always come with my group. We're inviting new people all the time and our DM's a really good guy (especially in a fix hehe). Just holler when you're already back in Pinas
    YOUR DM'S? You mean to say you aren't one yet? When oh when???

Registered Users

guys,

Hi deep flight, about three years ago, several of us intrepid types tried to explore that area. Equipped with depth finders and a GPS device, we tried diving every possible place we could within three days. Unfortunately we also discovered that this was a place where spearfishing was encouraged! So no car sized groupers there anymore.

But if you're interested in mutant sized jellyfishes, i think thats the place to be. Hahahaha

Seriously, the terrain is different...lots of rocks and boulder formations, hardly any color, so shutter bugs looking for coral and pretty fishes might not enjoy so much.

I forgot the name of the house that we stayed in. Lemme get back to you on that. There are a couple of resorts there but they were only equipped with tiny compressors so waiting for the tanks to be filled was a b-tch. Good thing we were prepared so we had lots of extra tanks. I think we brought 45 tanks all in all.

It a good 1 1/2 hours away from Batangas city over rough roads. There seemed to be some road improvement being done way back then, but knowing how it is, i think its safe to assume that those improvements aren't finished up to now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast