Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips To Conserve Air In Scuba Diving

Registered Users
    Country
    Malta

Created an article for beginners on how to develop the basic scuba skills http://www.scuba-snorkeling-adventur...cuba-dive.html. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Country
    USA

This reminds me of a dive guide who I was with a couple of months ago...the first part of the dive was in waters 50 feet deep, ending in maybe 30 foot deep waters....his tank lasted him 90 minutes...

When you dive enough and are relaxed enough, your air lasts far longer....
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    When you dive enough and are relaxed enough, your air lasts far longer....
    My SAC (Surface Air Consumption - Equivalent) rate can drop as low as 8.5LPM (Litres per minute) or 0.3 cuft per minute.

If you keep fit and dive a lot you will be able swim around, even against a current, and still use very little air. Trim is very important.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Registered Users

Default re:

I remember when I experienced just began diving, I would melt away by means of my oxygen in no time even although other people i experienced been diving with would nonetheless have lots of oxygen to hold on diving. Now which i dive on the frequent basis, I arrive throughout just the opposite getting true. I recently do a shallow dive and was in a location to acquire 1.5 several hours away from the traditional AL80 cylinder!

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Breathing oxygen, you must dive shallow then
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Diving 4-5 diving resort, everyone in the open sections of the day, there was no encounter a decorated restrictions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123