Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any recommendations for Dive resorts in Bohol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendations for Dive resorts in Bohol?

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Not sure if you're referring to Pink Squat lobsters. We didn't see them on this trip but have seen those in Manado, Indonesia.

Have uploaded some of the photos
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Country
    USA

I didn't see any hairy pink or other types of squat lobsters, but here is an HD video screen grab of the crabs I saw always at the bottom of the wall along Alona Beach.

SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Oh, these are Dendronephthya crab. I saw those in Balicasag. Have uploaded a photo of it now
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

Country
    USA

Oh, these are Dendronephthya crab.
    Yeah, what he said! lol.

When I look closely at these crabs on the HD video, the polyps are not protrusions that just look like polyps, they are the actually polyps from the soft coral they hide in. That means they are able to remove the polyps from the soft coral and grow them on their shell..till they mold, only to start over.

A colonial salp came zipping into my footage and got caught up for a minute or two on that soft coral, I got footage of that too.

We were told you had to pay to come onto Balicasag Island, but I just swam over to it and nobody said anything.

I found the naval detachment on Balicasag. They were all sitting around on a table in the center of the village having lunch. They offered me lunch, and they also arranged for someone to take us to the lighthouse and open it up.

He couldn't figure out how to open it up, but was was able to, so myself and my assistant cameraman and buddy Randel climbed all the way up through the center and wet to the top and took photos and HD video.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    He couldn't figure out how to open it up, but was was able to, so myself an my assistant cameraman and buddy Randel climbed all the way up through the center and wet to the top and took photos and HD video.
    Wow, that's quite an adventure! Lucky you! We just went on the island to have our lunch, didn't spend time to explore the island though. I think the cost for the island is covered in our package.

When you're in Asia for your next shooting, let me know, I'll see if we can link up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12