Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: advice for buying my gear

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

One of the prerequisites to being a Democrat is that you know how to spell. I guess that answers some questions.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

And to day the Dumocrats will be voting to control the internet! How nice! And I am blamed for bring in politics? Form over substance is the liberal way! and ace when I want you to grade my comments for spelling, I will ask you! Other wise butt out our I will hunt down every typo, miss spelling, all the miss statements you make! Remember when YOU are pointing fingers three are pointing back at you! And you sire are just being rude!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 10-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am just saying look at who is calling everyone Dumocrats. It is like the kettle calling the pot black.

Sorry, I call it like I see it.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Well maybe you should get a new mask, maybe prescription so then even you can really see! A mask is one of the most important pieces of equipment since it is impossible to see and understand the problems you might face if you can't see them! If you can't then you have to check and make sure you mask is not leaking or fogging up hiding the real danger just on the other side of the reef!

With a good mask you can see things coming long before others do, and you then would have a responsibility to warn friends that you see what is coming even when they don't! That's what a buddy does when they have a better mask and see clearly! SO NEVER skimp on the a good mask that fits well or you could end up in big trouble and you will never see it coming! It could be a matter of life and death!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 10-22-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Try a good set of light blades and you will see the difference!
    I have and hated them. On my last boat dive my fin clip broke and I used a pair of mares and really didn't care for them, way too stiff.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

They are telling you something, you need to get your legs in better shape! Or you kick is not right, it is a law of physics that every action has an opposite and EQUAL reaction. So here is an easy way to experiment and see for your self. Get a number of fins and go to the pool, use your split fins and watch carefully how many kicks it takes to get across the pool. Not hard kicks, but very slow gliding kicks and make sure you get the same range of lag movement so you can compare. I.e., not big with one or small with the other! Now try all the fins at least three times and add all the kicks for that fin together and divide by three to get an average per fin! Let us know what you find. If you can try different materials and weights! I find my Dive-Rites to be light and very effective! Be consistent and honest

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    So here is an easy way to experiment and see for your self. Get a number of fins and go to the pool, use your split fins and watch carefully how many kicks it takes to get across the pool.
    Yea' because we all have so much extra time, access to a pool, and an entire slew of fins to try. Not unless we work at a dive shop.

Country
    USA

Most dive shops should be able to let you try to use different fins they sell, providing they have a pool, and of course, that you are near a local dive shop!
    SMN Publisher

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Most dive shops should be able to let you try to use different fins they sell, providing they have a pool, and of course, that you are near a local dive shop!
    That would be great. I have never been to a dive shop that has their own pool. All of the dive shops I have ever been to use some local pool for their lessons, but they are usually not even close to the shops.

don't really have time to do that experiment, busy designing and building instruments for a subtidal exp. I'm conducting plus I'm happy with my fins. I'm in very good shape and that really doesn't have anything to do with it becasue I prefer stiffer fins for body surfing and rescues. I'm using a lot less effort to kick so I'm using less air = a longer dive But for now I'm sticking with my split fins.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast