Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
advice for buying my gear - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: advice for buying my gear

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The researchers concluded: “Based on the physics of fin swimming ... it is clear that some fins have better performance (Attack, Apollo) than other fins; however, this cannot be ascribed to a single fin characteristic. The research also made it clear that Venturis, vents, troughs, and splits did not improve the performance of the tested fins.” As a result, they determined, “Further work is needed to develop the optimization of fin characteristics, by lowering drag (kick depth-rigidity) and maximizing efficiency (kick frequency-flexibility), to minimize energy requirement and maximize performance.”

All gimmicks!

Thanks for the link! I still think a person should do it for themselves!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

of course it's all gimmicks....anything to make sales! I have access to a variety of fins that I can borrow from buddies and a pool so one day I might get around to it but no promises.

Best thing to do is use lots of different rental and club gear when you start off - then you can form an opinion before you invest in you own set of gear
    Amazing scuba diving stories on myscubastory.com the new user-submitted story forum

"Your face, and through your nose and technology to ensure a good seal, to ensure easy assist to tie the access to the nose, also check the hard drive part of the framework, not too close or touching the nose or nose.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Here is a picture of some of my friends on a recent dive trip. If you look close you will see that one friends fins are bent in half because of the "Hinge" built into the fin! You lose power and control, but it feels like your tearing it up, in reality your just moving your leg a lot more and less water is being displaced!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234