Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
HD Canon HV10 & Ikelite housing

Thread: HD Canon HV10 & Ikelite housing

Registered Users

Default HD Canon HV10 & Ikelite housing

Canon has come out with a really compact HiDef videocam and Ikelite has just anounced a housing for it.

Divers who have sampled footage from 2-3 lux rated HD cams will be disappointed, but this camera and housing is designed for those who want an ultra compact underwater video set up but with the benefits of 1080i resolution. Besides, Ikelite has a perfect video lighting setup for this housing, and you'll find your underwater footage that is closeup will be superior in color rendition with lighting anyway.

Ikelite's housing is rated to 200 feet or 60 meters, and the following controls are provided:
    Power On/Off
    Recording start/stop
    Zoom control
    Photo
    Backlight
    Tape/Card
    Focus Assist
    Function
    Focus
    Exposure
    Display
    Digital Effects
    Record/Review
    Drive Mode
    Menu Button/Set Dial
    Accepts BP-310 or BP-315 Canon batteries

Last edited by RebreatherDave; 01-29-2007 at 02:00 AM.

Hey Dave,
    I have a HV-10 and loving it. I have a housing for it even smaller then the Ikalite.It is aluminum. Made by Sea Tool in Japan.It is more exspensive but you get what you pay for.

that would be one of the things i'd like to get into, is the underwater videographey. maybe right after my cavern diving cert.