Thread: Jupiter, Florida missing diver

Default Jupiter, Florida missing diver

Jupiter, FL (AHN) Divers are still searching for a 55-year-old retired New York police officer missing since Friday.

U.S. Coast Guard search-and-rescue personnel and officers from the Martin County and Palm Beach County Sheriff's departments are combing the waters near Jupiter Inlet with no success, thus far.

55-year old Frank Langon was an advanced certified diver who was on a commercial diving outing in the popular advanced diving site known as "Hole in the Wall", located about four miles from Jupiter Inlet. He was on the "Republic 4" diving vessel, owned and operated by Jupiter Dive Center.

"Hole in the Wall" is located is considered an advanced dive area due to it's deep water depths, strong currents, and difficult access.

Coast Guard spokesperson Sandra Bartlett says Langon was last seen surfacing by fellow divers, then disappeared. Witnesses say Langon may have been indicating he was low on air.

Investigators are unsure whether Langon was diving alone.

Search efforts are on-going after a brief halt Saturday night with the Coast Guard vowing to continue indefinitely.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

I checked all the media outlets in the area (where I live as well), and there was no report of any such incident. Because I trust the fourth estate soooooo much, I called the above mentioned Dive shop and there was NO such incident. I hope that does not dissappoint any one.