Shall do!

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

A suggestion while you're in Roatan. Karl Stanley's submarine excursion. I tried to do it when we were there, but the weather just would not cooperate. As he said, the waves are not an issue when you're 2000 feet down, but getting in and out of the harbour and over the reef could be a bit of a problem.

I've promised myself that if I ever go back to Roatan, I will definitely do this. I was looking forward to having a 2000 foot dive in my log book.

http://www.stanleysubmarines.com/welcome/index.php

If you take the trip, I'd love to hear about it.

Hang on ..... just read on his web site that he is having some issues with the local authorities over there. Its all on the web site, so I hope he gets it sorted.
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

Registered Users

Yeah, I found it yesterday and got all giddy, then read the legality issues as well. So it's currently non-operational Every marine biologist's dream is to go down in a deep-sea submersible. Maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by shinek View Post
    A suggestion while you're in Roatan. Karl Stanley's submarine excursion. I tried to do it when we were there, but the weather just would not cooperate. As he said, the waves are not an issue when you're 2000 feet down, but getting in and out of the harbour and over the reef could be a bit of a problem.

I've promised myself that if I ever go back to Roatan, I will definitely do this. I was looking forward to having a 2000 foot dive in my log book.

http://www.stanleysubmarines.com/welcome/index.php

If you take the trip, I'd love to hear about it.

Hang on ..... just read on his web site that he is having some issues with the local authorities over there. Its all on the web site, so I hope he gets it sorted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12