Thread: Don't let this happen to you!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Viti Divers View Post
    This is in response to Papa Bear. First please note that his e-mail had been deposited into the spam blocker on our server as did Scuba Magazines email regarding Papa's posting. Upon finding these emails I am responding accordingly.

Below please find what I have sent Papa today regarding his confirmation and charges

Dear Mr. Nescher,
    Below please find for your review what is posted on WBR web site. I think you may want to re-read what the packages include and do not include. All rates quoted below are in FJD
    Below please find the published rates on Wananavu Beach Resort Web site.
    Note: the rate are based on TWIN SHARE and DO NOT include tax @ 17.5%

ROOM TYPE 5 7 NIGHT 10 TANK Per Person
    Garden View Bure F$2060

Total: $2,420 FJD pp based on twin share

Below please find the published rates on Wananavu Beach Resorts Web site which are used for room rates that are not packages (singles)
    Note: the rate DOES NOT include tax @ 17.5%

1-2 Adults
    Garden View Bure F$230

Rate for room for 7 nights with tax = $1,892
    Rate for meals for 7 nights with tax = $490
    Transfers for 1-4 people one way WBR to Nadi pp = $93
    Total $2,475
    Paid $2557 - $2475 = $82 diff due to exchange rate variant
    This does not include diving

Below please find what I had sent to Tony with regards to your confirmation

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:55 PM
    To: 'dive@scubalocker.com'
    Cc: 'Anu'
    Subject: Wiley confirmation

Hi Tony,

I am glad this all worked out….as I mentioned to ensure the rooms are confirm please call the Kai Viti Divers office and talk to Anu 669-3600 so she can process the Bowers and Mescher credit cards. They can pay for diving once they are with us and finish diving.

I am not sure how much more clearer this can be.

Regards
    Julie
    You sight the 10 tank package, but want then ignore it! Julie, you are demonstrating what a poor business person you are! Why would I pay for what I am offered in the sighting on the web? Regardless of what you put in an email to "Tony" who you know he was talking to you about unsettled dive plans! We were, and you knew it, about additional dives as your own "Welcome letter" says that they additional dives are weather dependent!

It is this simple: Go to the WBR web site and look at the rate for ten tanks and seven nights, as you posted and then tell me why 2 extra tanks and one extra day of diving should be 1300 Fijian dollars? You are making a complete moron out of yourself quoting the site and telling us it doesn't apply to us! Next there is no penalty for single as the site says 1/2 and does not mention a "Sure charge" for singles! In addition Ben the Manager told me himself that there was non, unless I requested a "Private Room" and I didn't! It is pretty simple! 7 days all inclusive including 10 tanks 2060 not including taxes and EXTRA TANKS AND EXTRA DAYS OF DIVING!

It also does not address you fraudulently charging the Bowers after we left on their Credit Card! Keep it up and I will complain to the Licensing Board against your professional license! You are wrong admit it and take your normal cut! I hope you see what it takes to make an experience a good one from going off the deep end! Right is right and this isn't!! So put another nail in the coffin or admit you mad a big mistake and make it right so I can post about the great diving and wonderful staff instead a poor owner! Shake off the greed and wake up! As stated before you got the last dollar, US or Fijian, from me!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Maybe the reply got stuck in her "Spam filter"???!!! Silence is golden and speaks volumes as to your defense, NON! If anyone here can see it her way please speak up and explain to me how all of us and the Manager and his Wife at Wananavu Beach Resort can be so wrong? Please check the web site as I did from the beginning and also check Kaiviti divers web site where when you need a price it takes you back to WBR's web site! She can't even post her own prices on her web site! But then again if you publish a price you might have to stick by it!

Still waiting!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The saga continues! I ask you is this any way to treat the traveling public? So here is her last attempt to explain why she charged our friends after they left! It is so poor!:

Dear Mr. Reed,

Some things need to be clarified. When your trip was quoted to Mr. Wiley it was in USD. We published our rates as being valid for travel for anywhere from 18-24 months. These rates include consideration for currency exchange rate fluctuations. The rates that have been published, not just by KVD but by the many wholesalers who use our product, have been valid when the exchange rate was .699. When your trip was being organized the rate dramatically dropped but not stable. We do not run out and franticly change our published rates until the exchange rates are stable for many months.

What we did for your trip was recalculate the rates. At the time your credit cards were processed the rate had change again. When someone compares the rates you were charged in USD to WBR web site it will never exactly match due to exchange rate fluctuations. Then it depends on the web site you use to get the current exchange rate which is not even what the bank charges.

The above is standard in the travel industry and no impropriety has occurred.

KVD had also raised dive rates last fall to reflect fuel increases and the rates on WBR web site does not reflect this.

Below please find the breakdown for the Bowers account. At the time that transactions occurred we were exchanging USD into FJD. For simplicity I will keep it all in FJD based on WBR web site in an attempt to remedy this issue.

7 night all inclusive without diving $1,381 pp x 2 = $2,762

They paid $3,175.43 on their credit card

A diffidence of $413 due to exchange rate variance at the time the credit card was processed by the bank.

Below is the diving that was provided to the Bowers:

2 x 5 days of 2tank dive @ $197pp/day = $1,970.00

Cynthia- 2Extra 3rd tanks @ $75.00 pp/day = $150.00

Doug 3extra 3rd tank @$75pp/day =$225.00

Total Bill for them $2,345.00 based on our current shop and published rates

After reviewing this account it appears as though the Fiji office had taken the total, thinking it was for 1 diver and doubled it. The actual balance that is owed by the Bowers is $2,345 FJD. I do apologize for this error.

To review then:

WBR rates on their web site for 7/5 dive package is $2,421 pp based on dbl occupancy x 2 = $4,842

$4,842 - $3,175 pd = $1,667 owing.

There is a difference of $678 FJD that takes into consideration the $413 variance from the exchange rate, leaving $265 that remains for the difference in dive rate on WBR web site for packages.

You have yet to address the issue of you being a single and what is clearly stated on both our published rates as well as Wananavu’s web site that all package rates are based on double occupancy.

Both parties had been provided confirmation that clearly stated that the rates presented were for the land portion.

I would also like clarify that I never stated that I have been in Fiji 12 years. I stated that I moved to Fiji in 1998.

Regards

Julie

Julie Trussell
    Kai Viti Divers
    PO Box 953
    Raki Raki
    Fiji Islands
    +679 669-3600 phone
    +679 669-3547 fax

BTW I have been Emailing her that I am posting all these on the Boards and to come here and defend herself! I will post my response to this garbage! Please someone please help me try to understand if I am not getting ripped off?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

It is so funny to me that she keeps saying "I don't address the single in a double room" and how many times do I have to say that the manager of WBR told me there wasn't unless I ask for a private room! Which I did not ask for and the resort was only 1/3 full! I have shard or double racked many times before on Boats and resorts! For an all inclusive does that mean I pay for two meals as well? All just BS, Smoke, and Mirrors! She just can't rip us like she thought and might be doing to others!

Your Feed back on this would be nice since you're the ultimate judge in this! The Diving public!

Registered Users
    State
    TX
    Country
    US

Julie..........you picked the wrong bear to hassle.

Thanks for the heads up, PB.

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Papa and Julie,

In the interests of harmony for all and as a neutral observer, I have read the previous posts with interest and also been to the relevant web sites to see what is posted there and here's what I see. This may just be a miscommunication regarding the difference between a "room and dive package" and a room package + diving. Hopefully my observations will help you coem to some mutually agreeable solution.

7 night/10 dive package quoted on the site at F$2060 (excl. taxes)
    Includes room, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dive guide, tanks, weights and weight belt. Prices based on the Garden View Bure and on twin share basis.
    I could not find specific pricing on the web site for additional dives or days and so I assume the figures given previously are correct.
    2 extra tanks at F$75 each = F$150
    1 extra day's diving = F$197

Adding those elements, total cost = F$2407
    Taxes total 17.5% = F$421.23

Grand Total = F$2828.23

Today's exchange rate means US$ 1538.08

I realise that exchange rates may vary significantly and have done so over the last few months, but you get the picture. If the charges were taken locally in Fiji, in FJD then I would expect any exchange rate to be applied by the banks and finance people and not by the local entity. However, if they quoted charges in US$ then they may have some argument, provided that they made that clear at the time.

Finally, the twin share basis. Difficult to separate the room and board from the diving as part of a package, but here goes.

Room package for 7 nights was quoted at $1175 per person, so the dive package was $885. ($2060 - $1175) Based on daily rates of $197, full price for one individual for 5 days (10 tanks) would have been $985. I.E. F$100 difference, + tax F$117.50 which equals US$ 63.90.

Papa, if you paid the F$2060 (+ taxes etc.) for the package and that's all so far, then I think there is the additional to pay for the extra diving and, potentially, a small bump for the "single" charge. Single surcharge was waived by the resort, but that's at their discretion.

Julie, if this makes sense to you then you have the choice of charging or waiving the additional F$117.50 for the single charge as that is purely my number based on the logic.

As for the others involved, it sounds like the same question, was it charged as a dive package or was it charged as a room package + diving. I believe the intent was the full dive package, in which case the split between Kai Viti Divers and the Wananavu Resort is between them.

Hope this makes sense, I will forward my invoice for arbitration, usual rates apply!
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

To you and I, it does, but she keeps telling us the Diving is extra and wants me to pay 1300 FD for the Diving! BTW the 12.5% Hotel tax is only on the Hotel Portion! And the Web site does not indicate a single premium at all and the manager told us it only applies if you request a private room! I admit that I didn't pay what she wanted before I left! I paid 2452.00 FD for the package and 2 extra tanks and one extra dive day! She wants 197.00 FD for a two tank boat dive 20 minutes from the dock! I think it is pretty clear, but she called Tony today asking for payment of the balance for all the Diving! It is not going to happen! The exchange rate is meaningless, when in Rome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12