Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Papa and Julie,

In the interests of harmony for all and as a neutral observer, I have read the previous posts with interest and also been to the relevant web sites to see what is posted there and here's what I see. This may just be a miscommunication regarding the difference between a "room and dive package" and a room package + diving. Hopefully my observations will help you coem to some mutually agreeable solution.

7 night/10 dive package quoted on the site at F$2060 (excl. taxes)
    Includes room, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dive guide, tanks, weights and weight belt. Prices based on the Garden View Bure and on twin share basis.
    I could not find specific pricing on the web site for additional dives or days and so I assume the figures given previously are correct.
    2 extra tanks at F$75 each = F$150
    1 extra day's diving = F$197

Adding those elements, total cost = F$2407
    Taxes total 17.5% = F$421.23

Grand Total = F$2828.23

Today's exchange rate means US$ 1538.08

I realise that exchange rates may vary significantly and have done so over the last few months, but you get the picture. If the charges were taken locally in Fiji, in FJD then I would expect any exchange rate to be applied by the banks and finance people and not by the local entity. However, if they quoted charges in US$ then they may have some argument, provided that they made that clear at the time.

Finally, the twin share basis. Difficult to separate the room and board from the diving as part of a package, but here goes.

Room package for 7 nights was quoted at $1175 per person, so the dive package was $885. ($2060 - $1175) Based on daily rates of $197, full price for one individual for 5 days (10 tanks) would have been $985. I.E. F$100 difference, + tax F$117.50 which equals US$ 63.90.

Papa, if you paid the F$2060 (+ taxes etc.) for the package and that's all so far, then I think there is the additional to pay for the extra diving and, potentially, a small bump for the "single" charge. Single surcharge was waived by the resort, but that's at their discretion.

Julie, if this makes sense to you then you have the choice of charging or waiving the additional F$117.50 for the single charge as that is purely my number based on the logic.

As for the others involved, it sounds like the same question, was it charged as a dive package or was it charged as a room package + diving. I believe the intent was the full dive package, in which case the split between Kai Viti Divers and the Wananavu Resort is between them.

Hope this makes sense, I will forward my invoice for arbitration, usual rates apply!
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

To you and I, it does, but she keeps telling us the Diving is extra and wants me to pay 1300 FD for the Diving! BTW the 12.5% Hotel tax is only on the Hotel Portion! And the Web site does not indicate a single premium at all and the manager told us it only applies if you request a private room! I admit that I didn't pay what she wanted before I left! I paid 2452.00 FD for the package and 2 extra tanks and one extra dive day! She wants 197.00 FD for a two tank boat dive 20 minutes from the dock! I think it is pretty clear, but she called Tony today asking for payment of the balance for all the Diving! It is not going to happen! The exchange rate is meaningless, when in Rome!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/