Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default Don't let this happen to you!

Dear Wananvu Beach Resort Ben and Rachael,
    Tony Wiley and Reed Nescher,

Kai Viti divers is trying to charge another $2503.85 USA dollors today Jan 6 tuesday. My credit card called me thinking it was fradulant. I had to put a block on my card and they are sending me another card.

I am sorry that all of us are having trouble with this individual who is running Kai Viti divers to corruption.

Ben and Rachael of Wananavu, I did tell Wells fargo that the charges .
    $1767.38 Kaiviti is acceptable
    $1598.79 Wananavu was signed and authorized by me
    $357.09 Wananavu was signed and approved by me

$337.24 was not approved by me and it was dropped.

Wells Fargo might contact Ben and Rachael at Wananvu because of all the confusion.
    however Wells fargo wrote me about $357.09 because it was 1 day apart from the $337.24. The $357.09 is correct and was approved by me Cynthia Bower.

Bless you all ,

Cynthia Bower

This is an Email I just received a few minutes ago! I have been holding out writing about this, but the thing seems to be coming to a head! So here I go:

For our second week in Fiji I wanted to do more Bligh Water diving and try something different to photograph and write about and it looks like I have it! I was at DEMA and went to thee Fiji section of the show and stopped at the Wananavu Booth and talked to a woman named Julie who talked about her 12 years building the "Operation" and we (Our fault?) assumed she was talking about the Resort and Dive operation since she was telling use "She" had space at the resort and on the boat!

I came home and went on the web site at Wananavu.com and went to the Dive and Stay package offered and it was cited as:

Kai Viti Divers
    ROOM TYPE
    5 NIGHT 6 TANK
    7 NIGHT 10 TANK
    Per Person

Per Person
    Garden view Bure
    F$1395
    F$2060
    Oceanview Bure
    F$1495
    F$2160
    Beachfront Bure
    F$1595
    F$2260
    Deluxe Honeymoon
    F$1945
    F$2510
    Rates are exclusive of Fiji 12.5% VAT and 5% Hotel Turnover Tax
    All rates valid to 31 March 2009.
    Web site:Snorkeling trips, Scuba Diving, Live Corals, Fijian Massage - Wananavu

So I contacted my friend Tony Wiley and told him to look and contact her to make arrangements so we could be picked up at Pacific Harbor and taken to Wananavu Beach Resort on December 6th. Some of us were going for different times and under different packages and Julie told Tony "We would work out the diving arrangement once we arrived. She had her Office manager contact us at Beqa Lagoon to get our Card numbers and settle the outstanding issues

We were picked up by, what we found out later was the resort (Wananavu Beach Resort) and delivered in great style by a friendly driver. The resort was top notch, friendly, clean, great food, and well appointed! We started the diving the next morning by setting my cameras out for the Dive Boys to pick up and take to the boat!

The diving was top notch and the Dive Masters were some of the best! We learned that one of their boats was down and under major repair! Tony would dive one day and the Bowers were thinking about one week while I was there for one week. I knew I was going to do an extra day of diving and two or more three tank days! One of the reason the diving was "To be determined" as Julie stated.

Things started to go bad when the Bowers decided to stay an extra 5 days and emailed Julie for rates! The rates were as posted on the web, but I was asked to go to the Dive Shop to settle my bill! I assumed it was for the extra day of diving and the two three tanks days! Well I was told that my card was charged 2562 fijian and that did not include DIVING!!!! They wanted another 1300.00 fijian for the diving!!! And "Tell the rest of my group, they owe as well"!!! I asked why mine was so much more and was told the package didn't included diving and I had to pay for a single room"!!! I never asked for one and the Resort was only 1/3 full!

I told her she got all she was going to get from me or the others! We went to Ben the manager of the resort who told us not to worry and didn't know what she was doing! The Web price was good and gave free upgrades to us for the hassle!

When I got back Julie is now demanding 4200 us dollars from us! And as you can read from the email above is willing to commit a crime to get money she feels she is owed! I have been patient, but I won't stand for this kind of treatment for me or anyone else! The resort is some place I will return to, but I hope Julie will have sold her interest in the dive operation! She has handled this very badly, but I want to see if anyone else here has had similar experiences?

And the Moral of the story is pay for the package through the resort and don't deal with KaiViti Divers! Know before you go and that is why I am posting this story here!

Julie I hope it is worth it to you! You're taking on Papa Bear!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

Hopefully they will respond here and the issue can be cleared up fairly and to everyone's satisfaction.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Next chapter:

Bula Cynthia,
    So Sorry to hear about this on-going saga but thank you for keeping us informed.
    Yes I did receive both emails and I will pass them onto to anyone pertinent.
    Just fyi the Dive shop is closed this week so I am presuming the transaction was attempted in the States.
    Is there anything we can do at this end to assist?
    Take care,
    Ben & Rachel
    Ben Plummer
    General Manager
    wananavu beach resort
    PO Box 305, Rakiraki, Fiji Islands
    T: +679 6694 433
    F: +679 6694 499
    E: wananavuben@connect.com.fj
    W: Wananavu Beach Resort Accommodation Fiji

This confirms to me that Julie, now living in California is behind this plot to fraudulently take money from us, it seems to me that maybe we are expected to pay for her boat repairs! This is no way to do business here or in Fiji! Really Julie do you think this is the way to treat your customers? Is this the way to get the word out about KaiViti Divers? In many cases I don't even pay let alone get charged extra to review and photograph resorts and dive operations! Maybe I should send you a bill for all my work and posting my photos on our web site? Remember this in no way reflects on the great job the Dive Boys did! They deserve a better boss!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

This was the email I found sent CC to me when I got home!

It is apparent that Mr. Reed is confused. I never quoted him in FJD at the show and in fact the rates quoted for this trip is less than the show rates. He is confused in FJD with USD. Please provide him with an invoice. If he refuses to pay then we have no other recourse than to call the police

Julie Trussell
    Kai Viti Divers
    PO Box 953
    Raki Raki
    Fiji Islands
    +679 669-3600 phone
    +679 669-3547 fax

BTW, the show rates were supposed to give me an hour message and one free three tank dive day! None of which we received! I am sorry now that the Police weren't called, but the Manager knew better! In the US I would expect rates to be quoted in US dollars! I have a conversion function on my web site and was not confused what so ever! Come on Julie, you can do better than this!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Also received this at the same time:

OK Anu,

The nightly rate for a GVB is $270 FJD x 7 nts = $1,890
    Meals Package: $71/nt = $497
    Round Trip Transfers: $144
    $2,531

The difference would just be the exchange rate and whatever bank charges he may have had.\

He has not been charged for diving.

The rates he is showing from the WBR web site is for Ra Divers not KVD.

I had provided a full disclosure of the cost and provided it to the group leader. If there were any issues it should have been discussed prior.

Julie Trussell
    Kai Viti Divers
    PO Box 953
    Raki Raki
    Fiji Islands
    +679 669-3600 phone
    +679 669-3547 fax

First I don't care what there Rate is! We booked a package and expected to receive one like she quoted at DEMA or at least as good as the one on the Web site! Why would we pay the daily rate after booking a package? Please the turnip truck already left! Next the transfer rate is not per person, but as the web site says, the first person plus an additional charge per person! This is not my first Rodeo Julie, but are you sure you have been involved in this industry for 12 years? What about the 50% sure charge you had your manager quote me as a single? You pulled that one from somewhere I don't want to go! You sound desperate and confused and maybe you owe all of us an explanation and an apology! If anyone here is an "Ugly American" it is you doing a poor job representing the Dive industry!

If anyone else has had similar problems please post or PM me!

Kaiviti Divers ;
    A dive operation to avoid!
    If they are going to be represented at a dive show, they should honor any contract entered into at that show, even if the prices have gone up.
    The contract was entered into in the US, and is enforceable only in the US.
    If the dive operation has any beef, they can take it to a US court through their representative. The courts can only enforce prices in US legal tender not Fijian dollars.
    It would be better to avoid them altogether.

Thanks for the warning!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Remember it is Kaiviti Divers and not Wananavu Beach Resort! I think very highky of them and they have tried to help with this mess! The sad thing is the dive operation is top notch just not the ownership! Please don't confuse WBR with the Dive operation!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

As of yesterday I emailed Julie that this posting was here and to come on and defend herself, but no response here or by email! Her silence speaks volumes! Julie I am still waiting to hear from you why we should pay double for booking with you?!!!

Country
    USA

Remember viewers, just because someone does not respond here, you should not draw conclusions on the basis of that anymore than if you exercise your right to remain silent, it does not confirm guilt. Also understand you are only hearing from one half.

Kai Viti has signed up here now and now as a member, we expect that any discussions by all parties shall now adhere to our requirements of a civil discourse between members.

We have found that most dive related businesses will bend over backwards to reasonably accommodate reasonable requests, and if they do over an issue here, we will in return do what we can so everyone sees that knows that they went out of their way to make a dive traveler satisfied and we'll give them credit for it.

Other times I have visited resorts and have heard horror stories from resort owners about demanding dive journalists and dive tour organzers, not that this has anything to do with this particular issue, but the moral is, keep an open mind and don't jump to conclusions.
    SMN Publisher

Default Response to Papa Bear

This is in response to Papa Bear. First please note that his e-mail had been deposited into the spam blocker on our server as did Scuba Magazines email regarding Papa's posting. Upon finding these emails I am responding accordingly.

Below please find what I have sent Papa today regarding his confirmation and charges

Dear Mr. Nescher,
    Below please find for your review what is posted on WBR web site. I think you may want to re-read what the packages include and do not include. All rates quoted below are in FJD
    Below please find the published rates on Wananavu Beach Resort Web site.
    Note: the rate are based on TWIN SHARE and DO NOT include tax @ 17.5%

ROOM TYPE 5 7 NIGHT 10 TANK Per Person
    Garden View Bure F$2060

Total: $2,420 FJD pp based on twin share

Below please find the published rates on Wananavu Beach Resorts Web site which are used for room rates that are not packages (singles)
    Note: the rate DOES NOT include tax @ 17.5%

1-2 Adults
    Garden View Bure F$230

Rate for room for 7 nights with tax = $1,892
    Rate for meals for 7 nights with tax = $490
    Transfers for 1-4 people one way WBR to Nadi pp = $93
    Total $2,475
    Paid $2557 - $2475 = $82 diff due to exchange rate variant
    This does not include diving

Below please find what I had sent to Tony with regards to your confirmation

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:55 PM
    To: 'dive@scubalocker.com'
    Cc: 'Anu'
    Subject: Wiley confirmation

Hi Tony,

I am glad this all worked out….as I mentioned to ensure the rooms are confirm please call the Kai Viti Divers office and talk to Anu 669-3600 so she can process the Bowers and Mescher credit cards. They can pay for diving once they are with us and finish diving.

I am not sure how much more clearer this can be.

Regards
    Julie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast