Thread: Hello from Manila

Registered Users

Default Hello from Manila

Hi all. My wife and I have been living in Manila for a year and diving for the past 6 months.

We have made a good start on our plan to dive all over the Philippines and special sites in SE Asia. This next year should get us through our current dive wish list, but I can see that there are always more locations to add.

Having only dived in the Philippines, our comprehension of what diving is like in other places is limited. We are interested in finding out about diving conditions and locations in areas like East Africa, Indonesia, Australia, and the Caribean. We'll be diving in Hawaii (big island) in April, so that will begin to give us some understanding of other areas.

If anyone would like info on travel or diving in the Philippines, please get in touch.

Regards,
    Bob

Welcome to ScubaMagazine!
    I learned to dive in Boracay in 2002, my wife got her cert. in Puerto Galera 2005. Great diving in the Philippines!!! we have dove in Dumagete, Mactan Is., and Panglao Is.. We can't get enough.
    The big difference I have heard, is that other places are just more expensive. You can find all the same quality of diving in the Philippines, it's just the surface and dive costs that are different.
    You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!!

Country
    USA

Kumusta Bob,

The Caribbean can have better visibility, but after diving in the Phils, you may wonder what the big deal is with Caribbean diving.

Hawaii can have the occasional big animal and good visibility, but there are comparatively limited invertebrates and soft corals, etc compared to the Phils, as you are in the middle of the marine biodiversity capital of the world.

Indonesia has awesome diving.
    SMN Publisher