Lars,

The waves were actually really small, not the typical trough to trough thing. Then I used Final Cut Pro's Smoothcam feature, which cleans up the tiny jitters.

As to underwater, some shots I run through Smoothcam filter to varying degrees, but I try as much as possible not to, as it zooms in digitally which reduces resolution.

Otherwise, most underwater shots, I just try to be as smooth as possible, and when doing macro, if the bottom is suitable, such as sand, I let air out of my BC, drop to my knees, sometimes even my chest, and pull the videocam to my mask faceplate to add a further point of stability. Ideally, if the critter is right on the bottom, I nudge the bottom nose of the housing in to the sand, drop down almost flat, and spread my legs sideways to add a stable triangular platform to it all. Then lastly, for a 20 minute video, I shoot about 4 hours of footage, and use only the best.

Future videos will have use of wireless Sennheiser microphones for interviews, dive briefings, etc.