Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New HD Video File Sharing Site: ExposureRoom

Country
    USA

Default New HD Video File Sharing Site: ExposureRoom

So far ExposureRoom seems to be superior to Vimeo in video quality, and we are testing it all out now.

ScubaMagazine.net's ExposureRoom page
    SMN Publisher

State
    WA
    Country
    USA

Nice video Dave. What did the airline do for you to earn a credit? We are always on the lookout for ways of getting some lee-way on the excess luggage fees. Any ideas.

Registered Users

Default HOw do you

OK, what's the secret.
    At the beginning, it's obvious you're traveling on a boat, yet the camera is
    not moving up and down with the waves... and underwater shots seem as though the camera is steady, even with the current obvious flowing by...
    http://exposureroom.com/members/Scub...cdf3a0146a9fd/

How do you do it?

Thanx,
    Lars
    Last edited by lars2923; 02-27-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Country
    USA

Lars,

The waves were actually really small, not the typical trough to trough thing. Then I used Final Cut Pro's Smoothcam feature, which cleans up the tiny jitters.

As to underwater, some shots I run through Smoothcam filter to varying degrees, but I try as much as possible not to, as it zooms in digitally which reduces resolution.

Otherwise, most underwater shots, I just try to be as smooth as possible, and when doing macro, if the bottom is suitable, such as sand, I let air out of my BC, drop to my knees, sometimes even my chest, and pull the videocam to my mask faceplate to add a further point of stability. Ideally, if the critter is right on the bottom, I nudge the bottom nose of the housing in to the sand, drop down almost flat, and spread my legs sideways to add a stable triangular platform to it all. Then lastly, for a 20 minute video, I shoot about 4 hours of footage, and use only the best.

Future videos will have use of wireless Sennheiser microphones for interviews, dive briefings, etc.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Default I see

OK, most of the things you mentions I deploy.
    I use Sony Vegsas Movie Studio Platinum for the editing.
    I'll check on the Smoothcam feature.

I thought you were using a tripod. Something I believe I will begin
    trying on my next shoot.

Thanks for the feedback... It's much appreciated.

I failed to mention: Very nice Vids!!

Cheers,
    Lars
    Last edited by lars2923; 02-28-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Lars

"Let's go Diving"

Banned
    City
    Fayetteville
    State
    NC
    Country
    USA

Default Your Intellectual Property?

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    So far ExposureRoom seems to be superior to Vimeo in video quality, and we are testing it all out now.
    Have any of you given any thought to protecting your intellectual property given the ease with which anyone can download your HD footage and reuse it?

Once you put something on the web the world owns and it worse yet thinks it does.

Registered Users

Default Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by nautilusvideo View Post
    Have any of you given any thought to protecting your intellectual property given the ease with which anyone can download your HD footage and reuse it?

Once you put something on the web the world owns and it worse yet thinks it does.
    Vimeo allows the owner to set protection on the vid.
    for example, embedding can only be done from sites authorized.
    Sharing allowed or not allowed, etc..
    Lars

"Let's go Diving"

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The creator always owns the rights to their intellectual properties! The Policing part is the the hardest part. Once on the web it is NOT the worlds, it is your on the web!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

We plaster our name all over the videos. I know many file sharing programs auto port over videos from other sites, sort of like a swirling vortex big black hole of into a 5th video dimension.

One of the things nice about Vimeo is we can see "referrers" or where the video has been ported over to. If a competitor or someone who has been unseeming did it, of course we would put an abrupt end to their use, but otherwise, on a case by case basis, we are ok with it although we reserve all rights.

Now if someone is making $ off it, that certainly would change things, but if someone wants to use videos to promote diving and dive tourism to regions we've reviewed, isn't sharing great times such a great part of this sport?
    SMN Publisher

Banned
    City
    Fayetteville
    State
    NC
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lars2923 View Post
    Vimeo allows the owner to set protection on the vid. for example, embedding can only be done from sites authorized.
    Sharing allowed or not allowed, etc..
    Lars, unfortunately not true. Anyone can easily download your video to their laptop and do with it as they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    The creator always owns the rights to their intellectual properties! The Policing part is the the hardest part. Once on the web it is NOT the worlds, it is your on the web!
    PapaBear, agreed BUT as you know what's legal and what people do are two different things.

I only bring this subject up because I think that few if any people give any thought at all to what happens to their video once it's posted and how easy it is to misappropriate. Had this discussion with a colleague of mine about his video on Vimeo and to prove my point pulled down his HD short, cut it and sent it back to him in HD and with little if any picture degradation. Got his attention real quick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast