Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
I'm sure dry suits are great for some but right now I'm fine wet, so don't jump in determined you must dive dry, and again MAKE SURE DIVING IS FOR YOU!!!
No you don't need to go dry, that is for sure, but it is something you seriously need to consider if you are going to be diving where you live. That is the nice thing about renting equipment, you can rent a wetsuit for your first day of your checkout dive and rent a dry suit for your second day. Of course you will need to be trained in using the dry suit, but you can then make your own decision.

I do promise you that once you go dry you won't want to use a wetsuit again. I am actually considering using my dry suit in Florida this winter. It is just very comfortable to be dry and warm while diving.

Oh yea' by the way, once I started using my dry suit I was able to increase my dive times as I was using less air. When you are cold you will suck down much more air then when you are comfortable. When my friends ask me what it feels like to dive dry, I tell them imagine being on your couch nice and comfy, my undergarments are fleece.