I think iDiveChick hit the nail on the head. My wife dives, and she LOVES to dive, that being said there are major differences in our behavior.

1. I would dive multiple dives every day if I could. I dove yesterday, and I am going again today. I will never miss a dive unless I am too ill or I have a previous obligation. My wife will dive with me usually, but does not like to dive every day and does not like many dives in one day. If she feels even feels slightly bad, she won't dive.

2. I like liveabords a lot, with many dives and being very dive oriented. She perfers all inclusive resorts, that have a few dives/ day, but offer many other non dive activities.

3. I am a gear junkie!!!!!!!!!! If there is some technical gear, I want it. If I get my hands on it, I usually take it apart so I know how it works. I repair and maintain all of our gear and I trust no one to touch my stuff. My wife never wants to change her gear for something new unless it is causing her a problem where I will get something new just to try it out. She also perfers that someone else deals with her gear. Of course she sets up her equipment, but I clean and store it. She also likes the dive operations that carry your gear and likes to dive in a big group with the DM, I really don't like that at all.

4. I perfer cold water and wreck diving, my wife perfers warm tropical diving.

I know there are even more differences, but that is what I thought of off the top of my head.

Bottom line, even though our diving is different we both have the same passion for our sport. I am VERY thankful that I have such a great partner and dive buddy!