Thread: Opinions on what to buy in which order?

Hybrid View

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    Follow Lottie's advice.

When you are familiar with some of the pieces that you need to purchase, then My suggestion is to buy the regulator setup. Just my personal preference, but it is life support and my life is worth knowing how the regs have been taken care of.

As you may guess - I have had some bad luck with rental regs.

My .02 is over
    Most rental gear is well maintained due to the liability potential! Not to say things don't go wrong, but that's why you're training A Reg will do you no good in 50* water if your too cold to dive longer than 10min!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Deerfield Beach
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Most rental gear is well maintained due to the liability potential! Not to say things don't go wrong, but that's why you're training A Reg will do you no good in 50* water if your too cold to dive longer than 10min!
    I didn't really take exposure protection into account. I trained and dive in sunny S Florida where the water is pretty warm.

I still have to put my priorities on the life support rather than comfort, but I guess that will depend on the water temps.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

You can breath from an open valve on a tank or a cut hose, but in cold water your dead in 5 to 10 min. As I was saying the simplest reg must still meet minimum life support standards and 99.99% of shops keep their rental line in great shape, it only takes one bad reg to be sued and risk everything! The Rental Line in dive shops maybe basic, but it is usually the hardest equipment in the industry!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/