Thread: lembeh plus gangga, bunaken or other?

Default lembeh plus gangga, bunaken or other?

I'll have 2 weeks to dive next summer in North Sulawesi. I've booked a week at Kasawari Resort in Lembeh and want suggestions about where to go the second week. I'm looking for gorgeous reef diving--not too much current, if possible-- (juxtaposed to the muck diving in Lembeh). Which do you think is more wonderful--Bunaken or Gangga Island (or another spot I don't know about and which dive resorts would you recommend? Thanks.

Country
    USA

Annie,

For starters, welcome to the SMN Community.

I would recommend Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka island. We did a complete review of them last year, which can be read here

Scroll down in that thread and check out the HD video we shot and produced as part of a review there.

Owners Owen and Ulva Tap are members of here too. You may even be able to arrange to have them pick you up at Kasawari. Their resort is quite new.

Mimpi Indah is REALLY quiet. You will be lulled to sleep by the sounds of the gentle waves on the shore right in front of your bungalow with just the occasional sound of a gecko.

Keep in mind the video mentioned in the review thread was a video shot in a weeks diving, not cherry-picked footage shot over months or a year.

If you go, will you bring back some digital photos and post them in the Mimpi Indah thread? We miss our friends there!
    SMN Publisher