Thread: PADI Instructor Recommendations

City
    Coquitlam
    State
    BC
    Country
    Canada

Default PADI Instructor Recommendations

I will be on vacation in Manila from Jan. 14 to Mar. 2. I already have a dive plan in place but I am also entertaining the idea of working on my DM certificate instead of doing several dive trips. Any recommendations on a good PADI shop in Manila that offers the PADI DM course and employs a known or highly recommended instructor? I already have my PADI AOW Cert with around 35 dives under my belt. I am also open to working part-time with the dive shop in exchange for a good discount on the DM course . I prefer a dive shop in Manila because I have a place to stay there. However, I will also consider Anilao, PG, Dumaguete, or Cebu or other areas as long as the accommodation issue can be worked out or affordable.

Phil

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

Joe,
    I cannot comment on dive operations/instructors in Manila but I can point out that you will need to do the Rescue Diver course before you can do DM.

HTH
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    Coquitlam
    State
    BC
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by rubber chicken View Post
    Joe,
    I cannot comment on dive operations/instructors in Manila but I can point out that you will need to do the Rescue Diver course before you can do DM.

HTH
    Yes, you are correct. I do know that I need to take the EFR/Rescue course before I proceed to DM.

Phil

Registered Users

Joe,
    When you say Manila, do you mean the city of Manila or Metro Manila the province? I live in Makati City in Metro Manila. It is very near the city Manila. The reason I ask is that traffic can be very bad and transportation can take a long time.

I have about the same experience you have, 37 dives, here in the Philippines. My instructor is named Jonje Bolos. Here's his email: jonjebolos@scubaworld.com.ph. As you can see he is at an outfit called Scuba World here in Makati City. Jonje is an excellent teacher, and, as importantly, his english is good.

They have a pool in Makati and use a resort in Anilao for their ocean dives.

Best of luck,

Bob

City
    CULASI
    Country
    PHILIPPINES

Many options for you.....
    A long weekend would be cool for you if you go to PG. If not, Pacifica Dive Center is good too. Just give them a call.
    http://www.pacificadive.net/
    PADI #481247
    WELCOME TO CULASI, ANTIQUE, PHILIPPINES
    Soon we will open the doors to the only SCUBA diving resort in the area. Come see our part of the Sulu Sea.

OWSI /EFRI / SPECIALTY INSTRUCTOR
    www.panayexplorers.com