Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How deep on air?

Registered Users

So what do you think ppo2 limits have changed since i started diving from 2.0 bar now up to 1.4 bar or less. Ought to they return to NOAA CNS exposure tables??

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by deneeshbarosa View Post
    So what do you think ppo2 limits have changed since i started diving from 2.0 bar now up to 1.4 bar or less. Ought to they return to NOAA CNS exposure tables??
    It's all down to the odds. I read somewhere that with a PPO2 of 1.6, 97% of people show no side affects. Can't remember what it was for a PPO2 of 2.0 but the odds dropped to something like 80%.

I've read Oxygen and the Diver several times and have made my own conclusions as to the affects of higher PPO2's.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Country
    USA

We learned that the high set point should be no more than 1.3 bars, an the low is .7

Over repetitive dives some guys have had vision issues at high setpoints.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    We learned that the high set ppint shoudl be no more than 1.3 bars, an the low is .7

Over repetitive dives some guys have had vision issues at high setpoints.
    Can't use a set point on OC but you can get out of the water a lot quicker than CCR.

Hi set point of 1.3 is to counteract the spike after an O2 inject, most CCR users I know run 1.6 on ascent.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Country
    USA

I am always presuming we are talking CCR diving. 1.3 is the standard CCR high setpoint P02 but I am sure there are guys who deviate from that.

At a P02 of 1.6 one is going to be getting constant 02 injection from 20 feet and shallower so we always switch to the low setpoint above 40 or so feet.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    I am always presuming we are talking CCR diving. 1.3 is the standard CCR high setpoint P02 but I am sure there are guys who deviate from that.

At a P02 of 1.6 one is going to be getting constant 02 injection from 20 feet and shallower so we always switch to the low setpoint above 40 or so feet.
    1.3 is the standard as set, it can be changed. I lower it for really long dives i.e. >2.5 hours.

I leave the set point at 1.3 until I finish my 3m (10ft) stop and manually add O2 to get to 1.6.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234