Thread: hi from uk i'm new here.

Registered Users
    City
    Swindon
    Country
    England

Red face hi from uk i'm new here.

Hi i'm an amateur diver,only been on 4 dives every time i've been on holiday, but knew from the minute i stepped in the water on my first dive that i loved it,just never had the time or money to take a proper course.
    I also love photogaphy,only an amateur,again not enough money to make it any more than that,but what better than combining the two things you love underwater photography.Anyone with any tips for a keen amateur as i'm going on holiday to dominican republic on 24th nov,all i have camera wise is an old 3 mega pixel camera and one of those water tight camera bags to put it in.Any tips/suggestions on how i can get the most out of this would be much appreciated. Thanks Anna.

Country
    USA

Welcome to the SMN Community Anna.

As to tips, get as close to the subject as possible, always use the flash, run the photo through Photoshop.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Welcome aboard.

One quick tip. Once you've got your camera neatly in its little plastic bag, check its watertight before you actually jump off the boat. Check it in the sink in the hotel room or most dive boats have a camera specific rinse tank on board but either way, if there's a little stream of bubbles coming out or any sign of moisture getting inside, you can take it out quickly and not kill the camera. Have fun.
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!