Thread: Godive Philippines - what are they like?

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Question Godive Philippines - what are they like?

Can anyone give me any information about Godive Philippines? I saw their stand at the Dive Show in Birmingham on Saturday and we are now totally struck on the idea of visiting the Philippines but off course we want to do our homework first.

Has anyone dived with Godive Philippines? Or just dived in the Philippines? Godive Philippines advertise that they work with the local community in order to be as enviromentally friendly as possible and give something back to the community. So divers stay in traditional local houses and eat local food. This sounds fantastic - allthough I would be concerned in case we got ill. My other concern is the 20 hour flight the girl on the stand said there would be breaks but then didn't explain what these might consist of.

Any advice re this destination would be very welcome.

Country
    USA

It looks like they go to Puerto Galera to an area called Sabang, and Anilao.

I can tell you the diving in both those places is incredible. In the Philippine Paradise Divers section here under Staff Reviewed Resorts there are my HD videos of Puerto Galera diving, and I can post some Anilao ones.

Personally I would prefer a dedicated dive resort, but then again I'm spoiled!

The flights are not bad at all. From Los Angeles, we stop over once in Hong Kong usually for 1 hour....just enough time to eat, stretch out, then the short flight to Manila.
    SMN Publisher

Their web site, http://www.godivephilippines.com/ , seems to be more of a travel agency for trips to the Philippines. They do go to Puerto Galera, as well as other places in the Philippines.
    Puerto Galera has the most varied diving you can find; rec.; wreck; tech.; deep (330 fsw to the Queen of the Orient); nature dives,(Verde Is. passage has more then 600 spc. of nudibranchs).
    Bohol; Cebu; Anilao, all great sites.
    You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

I will certainly check out your videos. What do you mean by a dedicated dive resort as from what they told me they are a dive operation that happens to sell holiday packages. They certainly seemed knowledgeable and friendly and the girl I spoke to is a diver and has taken part on the trips. Are there any other operations you think I should check out before making any decissions? We are based in the UK though and not the US.