Thread: Beautiful Bali

Hybrid View

Registered Users

Default Beautiful Bali

Gorgeous photos Perry!

Country
    USA

Perry,

Can you tell me what resort you were diving with and where in Bali it was where you shot those great subjects?

Here in the U.S. we always hear about North Sulawesi and the Wakatobi islands, but we hear very little about the rest of Indonesia.

I have been trying for several years to come across and HD video those Hymenocera elegans/picta Clown/Harlequin Shrimp and the boxer crabs (Lybia tessellata) with no luck.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Lloydminster
    State
    AB
    Country
    Canada

Very stunning shots. I especially liked the gorgonians! What equipment were you using?

Registered Users

Hi Alls :

Thanks for your comments , I use Nikon D2x camera + Nexus housing + Inon Z240 strobes x 2 + Tokina 10-17 mm lens for wide-angle / 60 mm lens for macro . I have been Bali diving for more than 6 times before , Bali is a very good diving sites in Indonesia , North Sulawasi , Wakatobi , Raja Ampat are good , but too far and high cost. My vacation is very short ( less than 7 days per trip ) . So Bali is one of my favorite dive destination , my suggestions are :

1. Menjangan island ( located on the westnorth corner of Bali ) is good for wide-angle , incredible seafan , soft coral on the wall , the best dive site is " Pos 2 " , easy beach wall dive . the resort is ( http://www.mimpi.com/mimpi-menjangan-resort.html ) .

2. Tulamben bay ( on the eastnorth shore of Bali ) : the famous wreck dive , easy beach dive , you can do 3 dives in the morning , early morning dive ( before 7 AM in the water ) you can meet the groups of bumphead ( 24 ) , swim from coral garden to the wreck . but you must stay in the scuba seraya resort ( http://www.scubaseraya.com/ , 5 km to tulamben wreck ) , because seraya's house reef is the reliable place in the world to see the most beautiful shrimp ( Halequim shrimp , tiger shrimp , Colemen's shrimp ) .

3. Nusa penida : famous Mola sunfish appear from April--Oct . but I forget it because strong current , cold water , rare chance to see Mola recently.

Perry

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Great shots. Looked like you had very good conditions.

Registered Users
    City
    canada
    State
    canada
    Country
    canada

Bali is very beautiful place for diving and swimming.
    photos are very goods some are looking very natural.

Registered Users

Bali is a very place it is present in Indonesia.
    Bali is best Indonesian island and full of nature.
    you can enjoy here diving.

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Just got back from Bali this week. Excellent diving! Watch out for my trip video on this site soon
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Country
    USA

We're looking forward to that GT...and a trip report with pics?
    SMN Publisher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast