Thread: Live Aboard Reviews

Hybrid View

Default Live Aboard Reviews

Since a lot of divers go on the live aboards for vacations, I thought maybe there should be a place for some honest reviews of the live aboard opperations. Some place where we could review the boat and bunks, the staff, the equipment, services and most import, THE FOOD.

I have heard horror stories about some live aboard outfits and I have heard some great stuff about other live aboard outfits.

I have been on one live aboard vacation and the service was great. It was with the Ultimate Getaway http://www.ultimategetaway.net

These guys have a great setup and I'm planning on going back again this summer.

Should we have a live aboard review subforum within each regional forum?

We need to figure out where to put them so it stays in geographical order so people who are thinkin gof a particular destination can choose to read reviews of either land based or live aboard.

Thoughts?

I dive on the Ultimate Getaway every year also and it is always a great time.!

Dago.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

One down here called Ocean Trek. Excellent crew Excellent boat and Food galore. Everyone gets off heavier than they got on. Its not on the reef up north but well worth the trip. Ive been on it over 15 times in the last 8 years.
    http://www.oceantrek.com.au/

Matt

I did a week trip aboard the Pirate Lady, one of Blackbeard's cruise sailboats out of Freeport Bahama.
    Great people, great crew, excellent diving location. The boat does not provide luxury accommodations but the food of good and plenty, the diving is great and the kinship feeling with your dive mates cant be beat.
    The "cabins" are nothing more than a small room with bunkbeds. Measuring approximately 6 feet by 6 feet. You sleep in the cabin and that is about it. Shared toilets and limited showers. One shower on the boat, where the guests are supposed to use unlimited salt water for the soaping up and 30 seconds fresh water for the rinse.
    Port nights in Bimini and very much fun. I am doing another very soon but know the limitations. Luxury it aint but a good time it is. Oh yea, kinda cheap too, very much a good value for your diving buck.

Default M/s alta

My husband and I went to the Galapagos on the schooner ALTA run by Quasar Expeditions. He dove, I just snorkeled. Wolf and Darwin Island marine preserves were incredible. Hammerheads galore, also whale sharks, giant manta rays, and galapagos sharks. The schooner itself was beautiful and the service was fabulous.