Thread: Waiting for my apology?!!!!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default Waiting for my apology?!!!!

NOAA released today that the worlds average temperature was cold enough this last year to erase 30 years of "Global Warming" and it happened before Hussain takes office! OMG what now? What other lies will be found out? Maybe B.Hussain Obama is a Muslim after all or worse a left wing liberal? So what will all those people who make a living off GW do? Laid off like so many? Or waiting to create the next big calamity so you have to send in your dollars!????

Anyway send you message of apology to me here or email me! I will tell you about more lies designed to control the masses!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

I spoke with Barack Hussein Obama's campagin staff and they sent me this:

Gwarming.gif

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Very nice and so true! He is why the founding fathers wanted only land owners and tax payers to vote!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

I'm not a weather man, but your post did make me take a look on the NOAA web site and I found the following.

I'll leave it for each individual to draw their own conclusions.

Temperature Rankings and Graphics
    Current Month / Year-to-date

Effective with the February 2006 report, NCDC transitioned from the use of the Operational Global Surface Temperature Index (Quayle et al. 1999) to the blended land and ocean dataset developed by Smith and Reynolds (2005). The differences between the two methods are discussed in Smith et al. (2005). The ranks found in the tables below are based on records that began in 1880.

The combined global land and ocean surface temperature for September 2008 tied with 2001 as the ninth warmest since records began in 1880. The September global land surface temperature tied with 2004 as the eleventh warmest on record, while the global ocean surface temperature tied with 2001 as the seventh warmest in the 129-year record. The January-September year-to-date land and ocean temperature was the ninth warmest on record.

September Anomaly Rank Warmest Year on Record
    Global
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean
    +0.50°C (+0.90°F)
    +0.42°C (+0.76°F)
    +0.44°C (+0.79°F)
    11th warmest
    7th warmest
    9th warmest
    2005 (+1.05°C/1.89°F)
    1997 (+0.54°C/0.97°F)
    2005 (+0.64°C/1.15°F)

Northern Hemisphere
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean

+0.49°C (+0.88°F)
    +0.47°C (+0.85°F)
    +0.48°C (+0.86°F)

12th warmest
    6th warmest
    9th warmest

2005 (+1.20°C/2.16°F)
    2003 (+0.67°C/1.21°F)
    2005 (+0.83°C/1.49°F)
    Southern Hemisphere
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean

+0.53°C (+0.95°F)
    +0.38°C (+0.68°F)
    +0.40°C (+0.72°F)

12th warmest
    9th warmest
    9th warmest

1997 (+1.18°C/2.12°F)
    1997 (+0.55°C/0.99°F)
    1997 (+0.63°C/1.13°F)

September's Global Land and Ocean plot
    September's Global Hemisphere plot
    January-September Anomaly Rank
    (out of 129 years) Warmest (or Next
    Warmest) Year on Record
    Global
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean
    +0.70°C (+1.26°F)
    +0.36°C (+0.65°F)
    +0.45°C (+0.81°F)
    8th warmest
    10th warmest
    9th warmest
    2007 (+1.03°C/1.85°F)
    1998 (+0.52°C/0.94°F)
    1998 (+0.63°C/1.13°F)

Northern Hemisphere
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean

+0.78°C (+1.40°F)
    +0.38°C (+0.68°F)
    +0.53°C (+0.95°F)

8th warmest
    8th warmest
    9th warmest

2007 (+1.20°C/2.16°F)
    2005 (+0.55°C/0.99°F)
    2007 (+0.73°C/1.31°F)
    Southern Hemisphere
    Land
    Ocean
    Land and Ocean

+0.44°C (+0.79°F)
    +0.34°C (+0.61°F)
    +0.35°C (+0.63°F)

10th warmest
    13th warmest
    13th warmest

2005 (+0.85°C/1.53°F)
    1998 (+0.54°C/0.97°F)
    1998 (+0.58°C/1.04°F)

January-September Global Land and Ocean plot
    January-September Global Hemisphere plot

September Anomaly Rank
    Global
    Land +0.50°C (+0.90°F) 11th warmest
    Ocean +0.42°C (+0.76°F) 7th warmest
    Land & Ocean +0.44°C (+0.79°F) 9th warmest

Northern Hemisphere
    Land +0.49°C (+0.88°F) 12th warmest
    Ocean +0.47°C (+0.85°F) 6th warmest
    Land and Ocean +0.48°C (+0.86°F) 9th warmest

Southern Hemisphere
    Land +0.53°C (+0.95°F) 12th warmest
    Ocean +0.38°C (+0.68°F) 9th warmest
    Land and Ocean +0.40°C (+0.72°F) 9th warmest
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Humm, not sure what you were looking at but here are some of the reports:
    Alaska Glaciers Grew this Year, Thanks to Colder Weather

Two hundred years of glacial shrinkage in Alaska, and then came the winter and summer of 2007-2008. Unusually large amounts of winter snow were followed by unusually chill temperatures in June, July and August. “In mid-June, I was surprised to see snow still at sea level in Prince William Sound,” said U.S. Geological Survey glaciologist Bruce Molnia. “On the Juneau Icefield, there was still 20 feet of new snow on the surface of the Taku Glacier in late July. At Bering Glacier, a landslide I am studying, located at about 1,500 feet elevation, did not become snow free until early August. “In general, the weather this summer was the worst I have seen in at least 20 years. “Never before in the history of a research project dating back to 1946 had the Juneau Icefield witnessed the kind of snow buildup that came this year. It was similar on a lot of other glaciers too. “It’s been a long time on most glaciers where they’ve actually had positive mass balance,” Molnia said. That’s the way a scientist says the glaciers got thicker in the middle.

Anchorage Daily News: ‘Bad weather was good for Alaska glaciers’

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/j...ldest-decades/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7574603.stm

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...3_coolest.html

So yes I am waiting! Sun spots do more than all the Co2 you can find! BTW C02 happens after warming not before it!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

My old man used to say "Figures don't lie only lairs figure"!

It was the 54th coolest winter since national records began in 1895. NOAA!

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Interesting, don't have any definitive answers one way or the other, and I agree that figures can usually be made to say what you want them to say. There's another old phrase, "...there's lies, damn lies and statistics".

However;

The newsminer article is just about the summer in Anchorage and shows it was clearly colder than recent years. It says it will be a new record for the fewest number of 65+ degree days. While Alaska has recently been subject to a global focus, I'm not sure that Anchorage weather alone gives much indication as to global climate one way or another.

The BBC article says that the first half of 2008 was 0.1 degree celcius cooler than any since 2000, but it also says that 2008 will be the 10th warmest since 1850. Not sure what that tells us. Further on it refers to long term trends still being an increase, but there was some interesting info re: Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation which I hadn't heard of before.

The NOAA page talks about some elements being cooler and others being warmer, this is one paragraph from it.

The combined global land and ocean surface temperature was the 16th warmest on record for the December 2007-February 2008 period (0.58°F/0.32°C above the 20th century mean of 53.8°F/12.1°C). The presence of a moderate-to-strong La Niña contributed to an average temperature that was the coolest since the La Niña episode of 2000-2001.

The page I got the earlier info from was on the NOAA web site. It shows global temperatures for land, ocean and overall on a month by month basis.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...obal.html#temp

Obviously none of this info determines the cause of any climate change, it just shows what those changes appear to be. People much smarter than me can figure out the rest.
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Sun Spots and Volcanoes effect our weather more than anything man can or will do! Fact! Nothing else is provable! Next this is only an excuse to tax and control! Mark my words, say it now or say it later, but I am right and you will watch as Big Governments take more and more away! Car companies are on the verge of BK because of the tree huggers and anti-oilers! We will see more people killed in "Small cars" and soon it all be mandatory in a so called "Free Society" a Man who gives up freedom for security does not deserve either! This world is going to hell with good intentions!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 11-15-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Your just pissed because we won!