Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What have you built? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What have you built?

Registered Users
    City
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Default Video housing

Hi
    I build a video housing out of PVC pipe. The controls are manipulated with magnets from the outside and I have a 3,5" LCD screen in the back. Unfortunately I forgot to switch it of after a dive and fried the LCD. Now I have installed a laptop fan to keep everything nice and cool inside.

Regards

Country
    USA

Hey Randel! Good to see you here!
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by randeleden View Post
    Hi
    I build a video housing out of PVC pipe. The controls are manipulated with magnets from the outside and I have a 3,5" LCD screen in the back. Unfortunately I forgot to switch it of after a dive and fried the LCD. Now I have installed a laptop fan to keep everything nice and cool inside.

Regards
    LETS SEE SOME PHOTOS AND A HOW TO!!!!

Welcome to our place, glad to have you here.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Pictures...All are home made from PVC. If you're interested in information on how I made them let me know. I used to have a website but MSN shut all these sites down.

This is the latest one I made. Worked great for about 2 years until my buddy took it to 190 FSW where it finally flooded.

I made this one for a friend.

This is one of the original housings I made along with a lighting system I made.
    Last edited by padipro; 01-26-2010 at 01:16 AM.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by padipro View Post
    Pictures...All are home made from PVC. If you're interested in information on how I made them let me know. I used to have a website but MSN shut all these sites down.
    I definitely need to know more, these look awesome!!

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Well the short and sweet is that they are all made of standard PVC piping that can be purchased at any home improvment store. The older one, with the lights is a 6" diameter pipe the other two were 4" inch. If you heat PVC in any oven to 400*F for about 5 minutes it turns into rubber and can be formed into any shape you want. The square housings were formed by making a mold out of 2X4's screwed together and rounded off to make a shape that was slightly larger then what I needed to fit the camera. I heated a length of PVC in the oven and then jamed the mold into the soft PVC pipe and let it cool. It's not easy and takes some doing to get the mold into the softened PVC, it's HOT and cools fast but with a little practice you can do it. Once it's cooled you'll need to hammer out the mold and then trim the ends to make it square. From there you need to router a groove in both ends for an Oring to sit, make the lenses and attach the latches.

I used to have a great site on MSN with picture and instructions on exactly how I made them along with pictures from others of the housing they made but MSN shut down all the these sites and moved everything to My dive light site and it's nothing like it use to be. You can still see some of the pictures at the new site if you're interested.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Well that was short and sweet. Can you post your photos here and more information? We won't remove it!

Registered Users

You guys are so handy! I wish my husband could do something himself!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Beach Diving float from and old, or new, inner-tube, a Diver down flag, 100ft of light poly line, zip ties, rubber band(From Tubes), and a game bag in the middle to put "Stuff" in! Cheap and simple! You can use a reel or a simple Dumb bell shaped piece of stainless wire to wind your line around and a brass clip to clip to your BCD. Tow it while shore diving or clip it to Kelp or Bottom anchor. Then Do your dive and ride it back to shore!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast