Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What have you built?

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Humm.....I wonder if there is a law against drunk diving......YET?
    That probably depends on if you're driving after....a drunk diver driving (try saying that when you're drunk! LOL)
    Lottie

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I can't say that quickly and I have not had anything to drink today. It does sound funny though.

So I was thinking of starting D.A.D.D. That is Divers Against Drunk Diving.

Our slogan could be "DUI, You Can't Afford It", boy that may get someone's feathers ruffled. And how true it is.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

From memory(Hazy) it was about a shot but its at depth as well. Just use the good stuff.

Matt

Registered Users

Default DIY Projects

Here are some of the things I've made in the past two years.
    The lamps are made from condemned cylinders. The neat thing about them is that you turn the valve knob to turn the light on. The white one is a cookie jar. To open the jar you have to turn the valve knob.
    The gizmo to the right of the lamp is my attempt at modern art. It's a sphere of sorts. Don't know what it is but everyone that see's it wants one.
    Also built a small booster for filling my argon bottle to 3000 psi. No picture though.
    The flow bench panel was put together from instrumentation that I got from Peterbuilt.
    The collection of odds and end tools are for the regs that I use. The white thing to the left of the scooter video mount is a dummy cap for my canister light. I had a small leak in the cable grommet and needed away to test it in my pressure pot and the regular battery canister would not fit in the pot so I made a short one to allow testing.
    I didn't make the pressure pot, just the stand for it to put it at a morecomfortable work height.
    I've got several other things but no pictures at this time. Bench top tank vise, pivoting tank cradle for that mounts to a counter for dumping water and tumbling media out and then holds it while rinsing. Tank dryer that was fabricated from a hair dryer and uses air from a scuba tank to dry the cylinder.
    The beauty of scuba is that it can keep you occupied above and below the water. Especially if your totally addicted.

Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rcs9250; 01-11-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Registered Users

Default DIY prejects

More pictures

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Looks like you are hard at work. I definately like what you have made. Please feel free to post more info on how you actually made these things.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Looks like you are hard at work. I definately like what you have made. Please feel free to post more info on how you actually made these things.

Will do. busy weekend right now. Will post as soon as I get a minute.
    Randy

Registered Users

Default Some more pictures

Here are pictures of the tank vise and the tank tilting gizmo.

Country
    USA

RCS, I used to be a prototype aerospace machinist. I still have a brand new 16"x60" lathe and vertical mill in the garage, both machines with electronic digital readouts on all axis. I just picked up a new mig welder.

Looking at your whimsical gizmos, I think we'd get along just great!

Registered Users

Wanna be my neighbor?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast