Thread: Flexible manifold

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Flexible manifold

I know its a bit of a shot in the dark but does anyone know of a manufacturer of a flexible manifold? I do know of one that was to join 2 tanks that was a yoke/din fitting with a braided line with a post in the middle. Im more after something for sidemouted tanks to join say though the high pressure port of the regs but still be able to be quick released from each other if the tanks had to be off mounted or passed off.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I know its a bit of a shot in the dark but does anyone know of a manufacturer of a flexible manifold? I do know of one that was to join 2 tanks that was a yoke/din fitting with a braided line with a post in the middle. Im more after something for sidemouted tanks to join say though the high pressure port of the regs but still be able to be quick released from each other if the tanks had to be off mounted or passed off.

Matt
    Nope there is not one made. We messed with it in the early 90s connecting the HP ports but the flow was not enough. We also put quick disconnects on the outlet port on Modular valves but that only works for disconnect because the pressure is too great to reconnect.

I would not do it for side mount as it's just easier to fly rule of 1/3rds on them.

cheers

JDS
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited - Everything Tech
    Scuba Diving Limited - Everything Rec
    New Playground

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just thought for a little less task loading that was all. Bit of a worry having 100-200 bar of gas in a hose running across your torso dragging it through a cave when the whole point of sidemounts is to squeeze into tighter holes.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Just thought for a little less task loading that was all. Bit of a worry having 100-200 bar of gas in a hose running across your torso dragging it through a cave when the whole point of sidemounts is to squeeze into tighter holes.

Matt
    It actually is not that difficult to set up but it just does serve the purpose of side mounting.
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited - Everything Tech
    Scuba Diving Limited - Everything Rec
    New Playground

You could put H valves on your tanks and have a short whip running from one to the other. If you need to isolate, You can do it from either side.
    Never did it before, And probably never will, But it should work.