Thread: Another beginner equipment question...

Hybrid View

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Default Sea Life DC800

I am on my second Sea Life Camera. I started with a DC600 and now have a DC800. My reason for upgrading to the DC800 was the increased battery life. The DC600 battery won't last through a dive while the battery in the DC800 has lasted 2 dives. I think for the money they are a pretty decent camera. for about $800 you will have a pretty good set up that work well and is reliable. I eventually will get into a DSLR set up but your initial investment is very high. One option you might consider is getting the DC800 camera and then buying a Sea and Sea Strobe that would transfer better to a high end camera. It would be a more expensive option but the equipment will be usable with a higher end camera. I use mine in the San Diego area where vis is often not that great either and have gotten good results. Some pictures on my photobucket mostly with the DC600 and a Sea Life digital strobe.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x59/bmchugh_photo/

Brian

Registered Users

Thanks for the advice Brian. I think I will go with the DC800.

Adam

Registered Users
    City
    Windsor
    Country
    Canada

I have also been looking at the Sea Life cameras. The question I have with the DC800; do you find the buttons on the back difficult to press with gloves on? The picture on the website makes them look pretty small. I have been looking at the DC1200 because I think I like the button layout better.