Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
No none of the stamps were covered. It was just spray paint on a steel 72. It was easy to tell it was spray painted because old VIP stickers were falling off, and you could see the old paint. They gave no explination. They told me they could refuse any tank that they wanted to. Took it to a local dive shop (where I usually go) and they laughed..... told me that if they didn't fill a painted tank that they would never fill a tank at all. They went on to say what do you expect, that's why they work at Sport Chalet. Just goes to show how much corporations suck!

Well you are a bit off base here. Now that you are pissed at me I will tell you why. A cylinder fill is not a right it's a privileged. When you bring a cylinder to me for filling I have to take a risk in filling it. The risk is that the cylinder is reasonably safe to fill. That means it has a current hydro test, it has a valid visual inspection sticker, it does not appear to be damage, mishandled, subjected to heat or has hidden corrosion.

The explosive force of a scuba cylinder is enought to take off the side of a building. Enough to shear a man in half. It's a bomb and WILL fail if damaged.

ANY cylinder that comes into my place that has been painted, or has more than ONE current visual inspection sticker on it, or is covered with "stickers" will not be filled unless we perform a visual inspection on that tank. Paint and stickers can hide corrosion that could lead to cylinder failure.

Sport Chalet is following prudent procedure. Don't blame them for wanting to protect thier employees, customers, and property.

Hang in there.

Cheers