Thread: Red Sea Diving Trip

Registered Users

Default Red Sea Diving Trip

This is my first efforts with the Canon HV30 and the Ikelite housing.

Hope you like it.

Country
    USA

Mike, I didn't read your explanatory title to the point of remembering it as I watched your excellent video. While I was watching it, I thought, this can't be this guys first video production, the white balancing, color correction and editing is done really well. Then I went back to the title and I now see it was just your first use of a particular videocam, not your first dive video...that explains it!

Really nice camera and editing work. Even the background music choice was spot on.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Mike, I didn't read your explanatory title to the point of remembering it as I watched your excellent video. While I was watching it, I thought, this can't be this guys first video production, the white balancing, color correction and editing is done really well. Then I went back to the title and I now see it was just your first use of a particular videocam, not your first dive video...that explains it!

Really nice camera and editing work. Even the background music choice was spot on.
    Thank you for your kind comments. The HV30 did a really good job, and everything you see is without colour correction, other than a couple of brief scenes. Regrettably, although I have filmed before underwater, I ruined MANY hours of potentially wonderfully footage that was just too shaky, and after pursuing a white tip reef shark for some minutes to keep close, realised subsequently that I had turned the camera to STANDBY when I thought I was filming, and vice versa.

City
    Uttoxeter
    State
    Staffs
    Country
    England

That was great, lovely balance with excellent scene setting and surface shots, I agree, great choice of music and some really, really nice underwater filming. Thanks for sharing.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by colinj View Post
    That was great, lovely balance with excellent scene setting and surface shots, I agree, great choice of music and some really, really nice underwater filming. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you so much for your kind comments. I shall post more when I get through editing.