Thread: 1st Photos Production Cis-Lunar Mark 6 Discovery

Country
    USA

Default 1st Photos Production Cis-Lunar Mark 6 Discovery

These are the first photos of the production version of the new Cis-Lunar Mark 6 Discovery closed circuit rebreather.

As you can see from the photos, the design and build quality of the head, head holder, the scrubber, the really nice new counterlungs, the scrubber condensation absorbtion ring, etc, everything looks like something you would expect from Dr. Bill Stone, Dr. Richard Pyle, Barry Coleman of RAID who worked on the DSV/BOV, and the entire DP Scandinavia engineering team.

And as you can see, some changes have been made since DEMA 2007.

We hope to be giving members a first hand article and full review of using the Mark6 Discovery, and if so we're going to produce an HD video showing dis-assembly, setup, use, first dive impressions, etc. so stay tuned here.

Click on any of the below images and they will open up to quite the large image, and resolution is set at 120 DPI for those of you with HD monitors.

Cis-Lunar Mark 6 1st stage.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 complete backside.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 complete.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 down controller block:scrubber.jpg
    Cis-Lunar mark 6 harness:wing.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 head 2.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 head.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 scrubber.jpg
    Cis-Lunar Mark 6 scrubber:sponge.jpgCis-Lunar revised counterlung.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 cell remover.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 display.jpg
    Cis-Lunar Mark 6 DSV 1.jpgCis-Lunar Mark 6 DSV 2.jpg
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

WOW!!!

I think things are going to suddenly get a lot better for rebreather divers! That looks amazingly small and lightweight. I bet that entire rig weighs less than a regular AL80. Any idea on when this is going to be available and pricing?

Country
    USA

The unit just went into production, and it is slated for about $6500. The quality of the mold and machining work of the head remind me of the Meg.

We'll have word on the entire training regiment shortly, but the unit is designed for new divers to go straight into closed circuit and skip open circuit entirely, and the unit on my back felt about the same weight as an Al 80, so I believe you're right.

The unit we photo'd at DEMA was a prototype, this is the production version.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Will it be available to existing rebreather divers or will need a special course.

Registered Users

Default When avaialble

Thanks for the great pics - any news on when units will be available for sale and when units will ship to delaers so we can see on in real life? Are they being sold in the US yet or when they might?

Country
    USA

We will ask Poseidon those questions and report back. Special unit specific training will be needed but the unit is designed to be far simpler to operate so that even beginning divers can skip open circuit and go straight to closed from what we are told.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

It only weighs 33 lbs ready to dive!!! AMAZING!

$6500 is still too steep for me, but not totally unreasonable. I am sure the only reason the cost is so high is due to the high R&D costs, and the fact that they are not mass produced. Hopefully as the technology gets better, and this is a prime example that it is, they will be more common, and eventually will be mass produced. This will bring the cost down do that just about every diver could have one. Maybe eventually even do away with open circuit completely.