Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Boredom on Deco - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boredom on Deco

so who exactly is going to test this baby? we gonna miss you Matt.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yep just about everything will be scratch built. Its not just me doing it there is a small group of us. It is home built in the sense we arent buying made parts but they are getting made at peoples work. Some of the guys are engineers and have access to big machines that make big noises. To start with it will be a CMF unit with the possability that electrics will be added later on. The mouthpieces were the first thing we did because everyone needed one and they were pretty much a standard thing to make. Everyone got the same. Bit of a copy of a Mk15 with a few tweaks. The scrubber is going to be similar to the Inspos ie tube down the side. Counterlungs havent been decided on yet but will probably be 2 versions. One for back mount other for OTS. Sensors i think were going to be the same as the Mk15s because of the output voltage they are easy to work with. The displays are either going to be made ourselves or maybe using a subsea systems one. http://www.deepdiving.net/index.html for a look. There made down here so easy access to them.
    As for the testing. I think theres going to be a few divers that will be able to say word for word a lot of dive movies. It will be couch dived for a while before hitting the pool for more tests before it gets to see a drop of salt water.

Matt

I can see it now. Zerodiving.com Diving instruments for the rebreather in you.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by WarmWaterdiver View Post
    for the rebreather in you.
    Arent they called gills?
    We are only making a few for the guys that want them now. Once this batch is done we probably wont make anymore unless its to modify things on these units.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Arent they called gills?
    We are only making a few for the guys that want them now. Once this batch is done we probably wont make anymore unless its to modify things on these units.

Matt
    I remember seeing on TV, as a young lad, 40ish years ago, a boy who could stay under water for as long as he wanted so long as his supply of Oxygum didn't run out ............... wouldn't that be a cheaper option than building your own CCR ............. probably not as much fun?

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/kids/marineboy.htm

that'll sure teach you to chew with your mouth closed.

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Two possdible resolutions to boredom on deco:

Get a VR3 and play games on it.

Get a closed circuit rebreather and eliminate most deco

how much is a VR3? does it cost more than the new Suunto D9? what games does it have? i checked the website http://www.vr3.co.uk/vr3/main.php?content=intro and it did not mention any game...

how about practice your skills while on deco? mask flooding or removal and replacement, valve drills, among others.

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

play CHARADES?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123