Thread: $10,000 in Prizes -- DiveNav Releases Production Version of eDiving

Registered Users

Smile $10,000 in Prizes -- DiveNav Releases Production Version of eDiving

June 21, 2008, Long Beach, California - DiveNav announced the production release of its popular eDiving™ service at the 2008 Long Beach Scuba Show. According to Alberto Mantovani, President and CEO of DiveNav, “I am pleased that we have completed our beta testing phase. Using input from our beta testers, we have made significant enhancements to create the most realistic underwater rendering engine available. Our beta testers will notice that we have added a significant amount of marine flora and fauna, including sharks, lobsters, eels, and topside improvements such as landmarks and buildings. By the end of the year, we will have all of the major dive sites in California available.”

In addition to the two dive sites available during beta testing, the Avalon Underwater Park, at Catalina and the HMCS Yukon in San Diego, eDiving will include 2 new eDive sites - Vallecitos Point, La Jolla Shores and Bird Rock, Catalina Island with plans to add new eDive sites weekly through the end of 2008.

To celebrate the production launch and to urge the trial of the eDiving™ service, DiveNav is launching a contest with prizes worth over $10,000 for divers, dive instructors, and dive retailers. Prizes include BCDs, regulators, split fins, and various dive accessories from leading scuba manufacturers. The Grand Prize Winner will receive two OceanReef Full Face Masks with Underwater Communications.

Dive Retailers, Instructors, Divers, and those interested in the marine environment should go to http://www.ediving.us and tryout the no-cost eDiving™ service.

Type Award Date Description
    Weekly Prize 6/29/2008 Atomic Split Fins
    Weekly Prize 7/06/2008 AquaFlex 3mm wetsuit
    Weekly Prize 7/13/2008 Intova Digital Camera
    Weekly Prize 7/20/2008 XS Equipment Package #1 - Accessories Kit
    Weekly Prize 7/27/2008 BG110 - Wheeled Backpack
    Monthly Prize 7/31/2008 KnightHawk or LadyHawk BCD with Air2

Weekly Prize 8/03/2008 AquaFlex 3mm wetsuit
    Weekly Prize 8/10/2008 Atomic Split Fins
    Weekly Prize 8/17/2008 XS Equipment Package #2-- Travel Package
    Weekly Prize 8/24/2008 BG120 - Wheeled Traveler
    Weekly Prize 8/31/2008 AquaFlex 3mm wetsuit
    Monthly Prize 8/31/2008 Atomic B2 Regulator

Weekly Prize 9/07/2008 Atomic Split Fins
    Weekly Prize 9/14/2008 XS Equipment Package # 3 - Local Boat Package
    Weekly Prize 9/21/2008 XS Equipment Package #4 - Accessories Kit
    Weekly Prize 9/28/2008 7MM Pyrostrech Wetsuit (Ladies or Mans, and std size)
    Monthly Prize 9/30/2008 KnightHawk or LadyHawk BCD with Air2

Grand Prize 9/30/2008 2 sets of Neptune Space Full Face Masks with UW Communications

Registered Users

Default The eDiving Week 4 Winner of an XSScuba Accessory Package is ..

The Week 4 Winner of the $10,000 eDiving Summer Contest is Ryan Lummus of Fountain Valley, Calif..

Ryan commented that "I love the fact that I can, using the eDiving service, experience a new dive site and what it has to offer from the comfort of my home. I've never had the opportunity to dive the Underwater Park at Avalon, until NOW! I had a blast eDiving it. Now I'm scheduling a trip over to Catalina to dive it in person!"

Ryan won a XSScuba Equipment/Accessories Package.

The Week 5 prize is XSScuba BG110 Wheeled Backpack.

As a reminder, the eDiving weekly drawings come from qualifying eDives during the preceding week, so remember to eDive every week. The eDiving monthly drawing come from qualifying eDives during the preceding month - there is plenty of time left in July to get those dives in!

Also, for an eDive to qualify for entry in the contest, it must last at least 5 minutes and you must visit at least two "points of interest" AND PRESS THE "I" KEY to view a still photo of the "point of interest."

Instructors and Dive Shops, don't forget to remind your students to enter your eDive Instructor Code and/or eDive Shop Code when they register for the eDiving service.

The eDiving service is free to divers and currently allows eDivers to 'virtually' dive, using the most sophisticated underwater 3-D rendering engine available, the following sites:
    • Isthmus Reef, Catalina Island (new)
    • The Avalon Underwater Park, at Catalina
    • The HMCS Yukon in San Diego
    • Vallecitos Point, La Jolla Shores
    • Bird Rock, Catalina Island
    • with new eDive sites added through the end of 2008.

In conjunction with the production launch of the eDiving™ service at the 2008 Long Beach Scuba Show, DiveNav is conducting a contest with prizes worth over $10,000 for divers, dive instructors, and dive retailers. Weekly and monthly prizes include BCDs, regulators, split fins, and various dive accessories from leading scuba manufacturers. The Grand Prize Winner will receive two OceanReef Full Face Masks with Underwater Communications.

Make sure to try out the free eDiving service before the eDiving Summer Contest ends on September 30, 2008 by going to http://www.ediving.us

Dive Safe and eDive Often!

The DiveNav Team

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Saw the booth at DEMA 08 and we stopped to complement the Graphic Designer who did a great job! This is the wave of the future and it will only get better! Great Job!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/