For fun I thought it might be interesting to post stories and experiences of the dumbest thing your dive buddies have ever done.

With me, I had a dive buddy who ran out of air at 60 feet at San Nicholas Island. I was watching her like a hawk and at some point she came up to me, showed me her presssure gauge at 0, then her eyes became the size of saucers, she spit out her regulator and ripped mine out of my mouth. I was fine with that, I had over 1500 psi left in a steel 105, but no, she decided she was going to head for the surface hell be damned....so since she was in a major panic I figured grabbing her and holding her down at the bottom would needlessy freak her out ever more, so off we went. We had practiced buddy breathing together, but apparently she forgot it all.....at about 30 feet I was ready to have a heart attack but she gave me the regulator once and I got one partial breath out of it before she ripped it back out of my mouth. I made it to the surface without blacking out which was kind of cool...and she is breathlessly panting about how she can't breathe on the surface....I figured if she can complain about not being able to breathe, she must be breathing.

That was the end of her diving for the day and I never dated her again.