Thread: Keeping warm - suggestions or opinions

Hybrid View

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks. Guess i'll probably stick to the Fullsuit over Shorty option, since it requires no further investment. Would look to get a vest when I come across one in future.
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

I agree, layer what you've got, unless you are going to be regularly in the cooler water, then get the appropriate suit for the conditions. A hood makes a huge difference and you may consider a vest with attached hood. Also, I'd take gloves with you, if you're comfortable without them, no problem, but if it feels a little chilly they are handy to have in your BC pocket.

A hooded vest is a must if your going to be doing 18 deg C dives on a regular basis. For me gloves aren't really important, I'm use to working without them in 50 deg F water. Also you'll probably be a little chilly and I get the correct suit for you if your going to be diving on a regular basis. I believe 18C is around 65F and I wear my 7mm for those temps, usually without a hood.