Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What DPV do you recommend? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What DPV do you recommend?

Hybrid View

City
    Bay Shore
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

I ended up with the N-19 and I really like it. It's light and nimble, really fast and it has a pretty decent burn time. And I can carry it without killing myself.

To whom? I thought you'd be thanking someone who's name starts with an I...
    fickle fickle girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
    Ok Smurfy.... We've had this discussion too many times

Er.. I'm a bit biased, but I think I'll have to send my vote to GI3 and the Gavin...

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ljj View Post
    To whom? I thought you'd be thanking someone who's name starts with an I...
    fickle fickle girl!!
    Heh.. funny thing is, is the only part that isn't Gavin on my scooter is the clutch.

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    I know it is always a tradeoff, power on time versus size versus speed, but who makes a nice, compact scooter that has fast recharge, won't kill me if it dies and I need to swim back to the boat with it, can be made to float if it dies so I culd theoretically attach a sausage to it and retrieve it later, and all wrapped in a package that has good manufactuer repair support if needed?
    I have a pair of Farralon Mk-6 DPVs. They weigh in excess of 70 lbs apiece, have almost endless power on time, take forever to recharge and if you need to swim one back to the boat you'd best pray that your buddy is close by with the other. The manufacturer is loing gone (though I know him and still have a personal relationship). They can be found, every now and again, for reasonable prices on eBay and such. Great DPV, probobly not the one for you though. You should consider: the ARMJET

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

OK, I think I have found the best DPV ever designed.

This thing is a little slower than some of the others, but it does not use all of the battery power of the others, it has an unlimited max depth, the unit is cheap and parts are even cheaper. This is surely the best DPV on the market and will outlast ALL other DPV's!
    Last edited by acelockco; 06-04-2008 at 02:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12