formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lars2923 View Post
    Hang out under the log... It may be a few feet deeper, but it makes it much
    easier to stay put...

I love coming out of that hole.. One shoot up like a rocket so you got to hang on.. Weeeeeeeee.....

Gotta love that free ride!

I prefer hanging out in the eye, wedged out under a ledge. That is, if there are no snakes hanging out too!

Registered Users

On a recent night dive in thailand, after giving the ok and decend signals, we started to decend. was only a couple of seconds later that i popped above the surface confused. Had tried to decend with my snorkel in and ended up with a mouthfull of seawater. Guess i missed out the R in SO(R)TED. oops

Maybe it just needed it's annual service!

Registered Users
    State
    Colorado
    Country
    USA

Lemme see ... splashed with tank valve turned off, splashed with Air 2 in my mouth instead of second stage, splashed without screwing down the head of my dive light (flooded!), I'm sure a few others I'm missing ...
    Born to Travel

Registered Users

Default Stop Spashing

Quote Originally Posted by highdesert View Post
    Lemme see ... splashed with tank valve turned off, splashed with Air 2 in my mouth instead of second stage, splashed without screwing down the head of my dive light (flooded!), I'm sure a few others I'm missing ...
    There's your problem, you're splashing. Try not splashing next time...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Registered Users

Default Sorted

Quote Originally Posted by benharbach View Post
    On a recent night dive in thailand, after giving the ok and decend signals, we started to decend. was only a couple of seconds later that i popped above the surface confused. Had tried to decend with my snorkel in and ended up with a mouthfull of seawater. Guess i missed out the R in SO(R)TED. oops

I am guessing the R is Regulator..

What is SORTED?
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

SORTED is the mnemonic that PADI use for the beginning of the descent.
    Signal
    Orientate
    Regulater
    Time
    Equalise/Exhaust
    Descend.

A couple of years ago I was acting as shore cover for an OW course. The instructor led his students into the water and gave them theirfinal instructions. To make this easier for himself he had his mask down, around his neck. After running through SORTED, they all descended. I was most amused to see the Instructor pop back to the surface seconds later to put his mask on properly.
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    montreal
    Country
    canada

The first dump thing I made is this

YouTube - Escoumins Blooper

The best splash I ever made and the worst exit to.....
    the second thing . Dive whit 3 photographer . If I made a mistake or a dumb thing , it's always in the next movie my friend made.

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    haha! Good one! I did that in the pool, during my divemaster course doing the skill NAUI calls the "bailout" for the first time ... no gear on including mask, stuck the reg in my mouth, took a breath ... and got water ... put my hand to the reg and ... no reg ... just a mouthpiece ... I gave a look in my instructors direction of ... "... phooey!" .... ahhh, those were the days ...
    I love the bailout! It's something padi doesn't do or at least the courses I took from them until I switched to Naui. It sounds like you got it easier. I wasn't allowed to have the reg in my mouth and the air had to be off. Not too sure how useful the skill is, except to make sure you know your gear, but it's truly a fun skill.

Default Me too!

Was on the boat heading out to a nitrox dive in Puerto Gallera a few weeks ago and spent the short journey telling my buddy about a dive to see the Thresher Sharks at Monad Shoal in Malapascua. On that occasion I descended the 22m on to the shoal before realising that my computer was still set to 21% (a non- gas switching computer!) and I had 36% on my back. There I was telling my buddy how silly I felt, then we slipped into the water, began our descent and guess what...yep...same thing again not more than 3 minutes after talking about it. Doh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast