Thread: most stupidest thing....

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    I love the bailout! It's something padi doesn't do or at least the courses I took from them until I switched to Naui. It sounds like you got it easier. I wasn't allowed to have the reg in my mouth and the air had to be off. Not too sure how useful the skill is, except to make sure you know your gear, but it's truly a fun skill.
    Yeh, that's the way we did it but when I cracked the tank valve and put the reg in my mouth I must've pulled too far away from the gear and yanked the mouthpiece right off the reg. I agree, the only thing this skill might show is familiarity with your gear and maybe comfort level in the water. If you divemaster by throwing all your gear into the water, letting it sink to the bottom, and then free diving down to get dressed ... then I hope you're not my divemaster! haha!
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    If you divemaster by throwing all your gear into the water, letting it sink to the bottom, and then free diving down to get dressed ... then I hope you're not my divemaster! haha!
    Yea I agree! The last line reminded me of another worthless skill I had to do. It was to take all my gear off at the bottom, slowly ascend then take a breath on the surface and free dive down and put my gear on. What's the use?? Again it was fun but not that useful.

City
    Lloydminster
    State
    AB
    Country
    Canada

I was working as boat master AND divemaster one day as we were short staffed and the boat crew offered to do surface cover during the dives so I could take down some divers that would have otherwise had no guide. While getting all the dive teams sorted out as well as finding spare equipment for various instructors and DMs I also had to get myself ready and get the new propane tank over to the cook. Trying to multitask and carry as many things as possible I strapped my tank to my BCD and dropped the gas tank for the cook off in the kitchen. Upon walking back to set up the rest of my gear (while still wearing my BCD) a fellow instructor came over and jokingly said "I see you're taking the new propane specialty course." I had strapped the propane tank in my BCD just to carry it and dropped off the wrong tank. I was so busy getting air tanks for everyone I automatically put one in the kitchen for the cook too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123