Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: most stupidest thing....

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default most stupidest thing....

So I went diving for the first time in about 2 months the other day and while setting up my gear, i connected my primary stage to the tank. One of the instructors who was sat near me on the boat said "You don't wanna do that"

Realised that I hadn't strapped on the BCD onto the tank first.....

Anyone else done someone similar while diving, where you feel about 6 inches tall?
    Lottie

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

I've jumped in without my weightbelt on. without my fins on, with my drysuit unzipped (Brrrrrrrrr!) and on one memorable occasion, after briefing everybody on the surface, gave the descend signal, deflated my BCD and sank beneath the surface only to realise that I wasn't wearing my mask.
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

things like this happen to Everyone from time to time, even if they wont admit it.
    happens when not concentrating.

oh, and to me aswell
    been there,done that

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Ummm Why, No. I never do anything stupid.

I didn't giant stride with my mask on but no reg in my mouth because I was too busy talking. Nope, that wasn't me.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

Registered Users

Default I needed AIR

A Giant stride from about 4 feet up, going negative.. Hit the water and
    no air... Aaahhh! ( O )( O )... ***...
    So I learned now to breathe 4-5+ times off the reg and watch the pressure
    gauge before hitting the water.
    That's not too bad, huh... Could have been worse.. I could have left
    my fins, mask and weight belt off too.
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I jumped OUT OF my fins once ... no, I don't know how it happened ... but I was in the water and my fins were still perched on the edge of the platform like I had vanished ...
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I jumped OUT OF my fins once ... no, I don't know how it happened ... but I was in the water and my fins were still perched on the edge of the platform like I had vanished ...
    ROFLMAO - that's a good one....
    Lottie

City
    Bay Shore
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

My personal best was a dive in Ginnie Springs, Florida. We did a nice swim through the bone tunnel, the big room and back around. I'm doing decimpression hanging on the log in the Devil's Ear entrance (ripping flow), take a breath in, and then I see something yellow fluttering at the edge of my field of view. ****! It's my Poseidon second stage! Evidently, the tie wrap broke and the strong flow ripped the reg right out of my mouth, leaving the mouthpiece between my teeth. My buddy found all this very entertaining as he watched me try to save the mouthpiece, get my other second stage out and in my mouth, put the other mouthpiece back on the yellow second stage and get that stowed away while hanging on to the log with my other arm.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

haha! Good one! I did that in the pool, during my divemaster course doing the skill NAUI calls the "bailout" for the first time ... no gear on including mask, stuck the reg in my mouth, took a breath ... and got water ... put my hand to the reg and ... no reg ... just a mouthpiece ... I gave a look in my instructors direction of ... "... phooey!" .... ahhh, those were the days ...
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by BillGraham View Post
    My personal best was a dive in Ginnie Springs, Florida. We did a nice swim through the bone tunnel, the big room and back around. I'm doing decimpression hanging on the log in the Devil's Ear entrance (ripping flow), take a breath in, and then I see something yellow fluttering at the edge of my field of view. ****! It's my Poseidon second stage! Evidently, the tie wrap broke and the strong flow ripped the reg right out of my mouth, leaving the mouthpiece between my teeth. My buddy found all this very entertaining as he watched me try to save the mouthpiece, get my other second stage out and in my mouth, put the other mouthpiece back on the yellow second stage and get that stowed away while hanging on to the log with my other arm.
    Hang out under the log... It may be a few feet deeper, but it makes it much
    easier to stay put...

I love coming out of that hole.. One shoot up like a rocket so you got to hang on.. Weeeeeeeee.....
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast