Hey guys,

Just returned from a week diving in the Seychelles (Beau Vallon). Incredible diving including a surprise visit by a whale shark at the end of a deep dive. I came home with my decision made - I signed up for Divemaster, bought all of my equipment and got going on the manual... when...

My Instructor has just told me she's leaving the dive centre and her new job is in another country!! She leaves in 4 weeks time and have no where near enough dives or the time to fit them in as I work full time.

I'm totally confused now what to do! She has suggested that I follow her and do a two week course, in her new location, as part of a holiday (having completed the manual / workbook at home and reached the required dive number stated by PADI). The other option is to sign up to a different instructor at the centre. I don't believe that the other Instructors will teach me to the standard I really want - they seem certification number orientated only. There are no other divemasters working at the centre.

An additional problem was that I signed up on the premise that I would get free dives during the course until I reached the 60 required (at least) in return for assisting the Instructor during the weekends. I would now have to pay for 34 dives from my own pocket if I now wait to do the course abroad with her. She also said that she wasn't sure if the offer of the free dives would stand once she left.

Has any one else been in this situation? Any pearls of wisdom?

Nat
(I always seem to be in a dilemma, eh?)