Hybrid View

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    What would the times be if the dive was on air with the deco on nitrox?

Matt
    Zero,

Why would you consider the dive on air, if you would do the Deco on EAN? You are already investing in the EAN gas, so there is no additional expense. I do alot of tri-mix, with deco on 50% and 100%, and I can not even recall the last time I used air. I FIRMLY believe in the use of a gas that allows me an additional measure of saftey. EAN is not the " be all and end all" of magic gas, but it does afford me better options when diving.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    Zero,

Why would you consider the dive on air, if you would do the Deco on EAN? You are already investing in the EAN gas, so there is no additional expense. I do alot of tri-mix, with deco on 50% and 100%, and I can not even recall the last time I used air. I FIRMLY believe in the use of a gas that allows me an additional measure of saftey. EAN is not the " be all and end all" of magic gas, but it does afford me better options when diving.
    Helium isnt cheap down here so for 40-50m dives a lot of people just use air on the bottom and then flush out a bit with 40 to 80% mixes.

Matt

Registered Users

Nitrox is good. But here it costs alot. $20 for a tank upto EAN40 (more at some places) plus O2 cleaning.
    Air is cheap. $3 a tank

So gas for a 3 dive day $60 or $9? Not really a hard decision to make for me.
    Now EAN as a deco gas is a diffrent story. $20 for a tank that could last for 3 dives (or more).