Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Why I Love Nitrox....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Nitrox....

Default Why I Love Nitrox....

OK, things are a bit slow here today, so I thought I'd jumpstart the topic.

Feel free to agree/disagree........

1. Because I get longer bottom times

2. Less narcosis

3. And....have you heard this one before?

4. Less fatigue from residual nitrogen/non-symptomatic 'micro-bubbles' on a day of multi-diving.

DAN has now recognized 'fatigue' as a manifestation of otherwise, non-symptomatic DCS--meaning, your only 'micro-bubble' symptom is 'excessive fatigue' after a long day of diving on air.

Nitrox reduces this. At least, that's been my experience.

Feel free to tell me it's all in my head.

Just like the fatigue relief experienced by Richard Pyle on the 'deep stops' named after him, 'Pyle stops.'

Mikey
    "Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro25 View Post
    OK, things are a bit slow here today, so I thought I'd jumpstart the topic.

For typical shallow profiles wherre ndl's are not as factor, jsut gas volume, then no, if you do repetative or deeper profiles running up against ndl's, then yes.

2. Less narcosis
    Agree

yes, I've heard it before, lol

4. Less fatigue from residual nitrogen/non-symptomatic 'micro-bubbles' on a day of multi-diving.
    Possible less fatigue from heavy exertion, havn't heard of the latter, but sounds intriguing.

DAN has now recognized 'fatigue' as a manifestation of otherwise, non-symptomatic DCS--meaning, your only 'micro-bubble' symptom is 'excessive fatigue' after a long day of diving on air.

Nitrox reduces this. At least, that's been my experience.

Feel free to tell me it's all in my head.

Just like the fatigue relief experienced by Richard Pyle on the 'deep stops' named after him, 'Pyle stops.'

Mikey
    Great topic Mike!

Pyle by the way has been hired as a consultant to Cis-Lunar for their Mk6 development with Bill Stone.
    Last edited by RebreatherDave; 01-23-2007 at 12:19 AM.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro25 View Post

2. Less narcosis

5. Cause after a hard night on the turps when you wake up with a killer hangover an 80 mix in the deep end of the pool relieves it much quicker than a pack of berrocca

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherDave View Post
    For typical shallow profiles wherre ndl's are not as factor, jsut gas volume, then no, if you do repetative or deeper profiles running up against ndl's, then yes.

Agree

yes, I've heard it before, lol

Possible less fatigue from heavy exertion, havn't heard of the latter, but sounds intriguing.

Great topic Mike!

Pyle by the way has been hired as a consultant to Cis-Lunar for their Mk6 development with Bill Stone.

Thanks, Dave!
    "Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    5. Cause after a hard night on the turps when you wake up with a killer hangover an 80 mix in the deep end of the pool relieves it much quicker than a pack of berrocca
    Zero's gonna help us learn Aussie English and improve our vocabulary.

I'm gonna guess that 'turps' has something to do with what we call 'pub crawling' here in the US--yes, we do have pubs!

Also, sounds like good hangover remedy, however--thanks, mate!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yep only know one language and thats Aussie.
    Turps = alcohol

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yep only know one language and thats Aussie.
    Turps = alcohol

Matt
    Aussie and American English are 95% mutually intelligible languages.

It's the remaining 5% that drives us Yanks to the turps.

Default Voodoo Gas Stickers

Hope this doesn't violate any board rules about commercial posts, because I don't work for these guys.......just thought their stickers were hilarious and I've ordered a bunch of them for me and my girlfriend--check 'em out:

http://www.airspeedpress.com/stickers2.html

Maybe "turps" is an abbreviation for turpentine, as in distillates?

Hilarious tickers ScubaPro!

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Maybe "turps" is an abbreviation for turpentine, as in distillates?

Hilarious tickers ScubaPro!

Hey, thanks for posting the .jpgs, iDive Chick!

Zero defines the 'turps' as alcohol, so you weren't far off!

Mikey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast