Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 European Divers Missing in Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    This is why we have such a problem with sharks. Everyone hates them and it is the press and media that make people that way. Why were the waters listed as "shark-infested" ??? Were there thousands and thousands of sharks per square mile? How many sharks would there need to be in order for the water to be infested?

Were they attacked by sharks? NO, then why even bring up sharks?

The real question is how did they survive 12 hours in sea cucumber-infested waters? I hate those sea cucumbers, always attacking humans, darn man eaters.
    Oh come on, they need to sound extra brave Fighting off dragons, sharks, and of course those deadly sea cucumbers

Country
    USA

Don't laugh, I had a sea cucumber come right at me, chased me down, knocked my video camera right out of my hands, then ripped right through my mouthpiece hoses, then knocked me unconscious. No diver that has ever fought back has lived to tell. They're the most foul, cruel invertebrates you'd ever laid eyes on!

Some are vicious killers with mean streaks a mile wide! I've seen the bones of 50 divers strewn about their lairs! You've been warned!

SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Don't laugh, I had a sea cucumber come right at me, chased me down, knocked my video camera right out of my hands, then ripped right through my mouthpiece hoses, then knocked me unconscious. No diver that has ever fought back has lived to tell. They're the most foul, cruel invertebrates you'd ever laid eyes on!

Some are vicious killers with mean streaks a mile wide! I've seen the bones of 50 divers strewn about their lairs! You've been warned!

Well I don't know about that tale, but when attacked the will shot their intestines out their anus and it is foul and sticky! It repels most predators and looks painful! Talk about roids! WOW!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Well I don't know about that tale, but when attacked the will shot their intestines out their anus and it is foul and sticky! It repels most predators and looks painful! Talk about roids! WOW!
    you know I've tried to get them to do that but to no success. I don't know what the trick Squeezing just seems to get them to get shorter and fat. Even taking a bite (no not really) the picture I took was just a joke, and I highly doubt he'll see it here but I covered his face just to be safe
    Attached Images Attached Images

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

That would have been funny! The face that was covered? Defog! It would not have been a good time to see it work!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Actually these Komodo Dragons are very aggressive, and will come after a human. They have been known to kill humans. Not common, but not all that uncommon.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

OMG. It has been a while since I have had a laugh that good.

As far as the Komodo Dragons, I have heard the same thing. I am under the impression that it is fairly easy to stay out of their territory though as they only live in certain areas. I am sure a nice size stick would surely take one down as long as you were aware that it was heading toward you, not that I would want to kill or hurt one, but you have to defend yourself.

Anyway I suppose my original point is understood.

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Komodo Dragons, world's largest lizard, up to 10 feet long, weighing in at close to 300lbs, rows of needle-sharp teeth covered with highly toxic saliva containing 80 different kinds of bacteria. They don't just kill you on the spot, they bite and then follow you around for a day or two while you die from blood poisening. Once you collapse they just stroll in and start taking chunks. They can't chew so they just tear off big bits of you and swallow them down. Not a fun way to go.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Sounds like my Buddies ex-wife!

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    you know I've tried to get them to do that but to no success. I don't know what the trick Squeezing just seems to get them to get shorter and fat. Even taking a bite (no not really) the picture I took was just a joke, and I highly doubt he'll see it here but I covered his face just to be safe
    Think only some species do that? (making them spill their intestines) Btw, had a bad experience with that, the "intestines" aka cuvierian threads ARE sticky and they cause bad rashes! I uploaded one photo at my gallery with the threads sticking out.
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12