Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are fuel prices hampering your diving?

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    WHAT???? What the heck were you smoking today? I told you to stay away from any drugs named after body parts!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you don't really believe all of that!
    I have no clue what he was smoking, but the better questions is what meds did he forget to take???

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Not only do I believe it, I have the facts to back everything I have said! And it is NOT GETTING WARMER since 1998 and those figures were suspect because Siberia stations did not report for 1993 to 1999 and data was interpolated! A little thing called the fall of the Soviet Union! Add Clinton shutting down a third of all the NOAA stations and you get false readings! Storms don't start any earlier or end any later and there intensity is still not what it was in the 1930's so your weather is just that, your weather, and not a trend! The storms seem stronger because of reporting and population! Sure they become more devastating when three times or more people live in the storm areas! Same with tornadoes, more of them or more people living in tornado country? Science has been ignored and put aside to push an agenda! All the concrete comes from limestone from eras when CO2 was much higher than it is now, but 4 thousands of a % is nothing! The ocean can absorb up to 800 times as much CO2 as currently in the atmosphere! This is a man made crises that we have brought on ourselves by relaying on Government to take care of us! 1934 is still on record for the highest temperatures recorded in modern times! Wow our records go back to the 1880's please thats not even a tick of the world clock, yet we will let some politician run your life for fear!

This line is part and parcel of any fuel or gas discussion and it will and already has effected many divers! Diving is a very "Carbon rich" activity from the power to fill tanks to the fuel to get you to the dive site, including air travel, and all the CO2 exhaled in all those bubbles! So look for the target on your back, mark my words it's coming!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Not only do I believe it, I have the facts to back everything I have said! And it is NOT GETTING WARMER since 1998 and those figures were suspect because Siberia stations did not report for 1993 to 1999 and data was interpolated! A little thing called the fall of the Soviet Union! Add Clinton shutting down a third of all the NOAA stations and you get false readings! Storms don't start any earlier or end any later and there intensity is still not what it was in the 1930's so your weather is just that, your weather, and not a trend! The storms seem stronger because of reporting and population! Sure they become more devastating when three times or more people live in the storm areas! Same with tornadoes, more of them or more people living in tornado country? Science has been ignored and put aside to push an agenda! All the concrete comes from limestone from eras when CO2 was much higher than it is now, but 4 thousands of a % is nothing! The ocean can absorb up to 800 times as much CO2 as currently in the atmosphere! This is a man made crises that we have brought on ourselves by relaying on Government to take care of us! 1934 is still on record for the highest temperatures recorded in modern times! Wow our records go back to the 1880's please thats not even a tick of the world clock, yet we will let some politician run your life for fear!

This line is part and parcel of any fuel or gas discussion and it will and already has effected many divers! Diving is a very "Carbon rich" activity from the power to fill tanks to the fuel to get you to the dive site, including air travel, and all the CO2 exhaled in all those bubbles! So look for the target on your back, mark my words it's coming!
    I believe you mean climate Weather is only the short term conditions, while climate is the long term prevailing conditions/weather. Again I'm over the whole debate but I sure hope you're just off your meds again about the whole diving thing. Maybe we'll only be allowed to dive in kelp forests to allow the CO2 to absorb directly into the kelp so we better start killing off those urchin barrens. I always enjoy cracking a few open because they make great fish food.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I know the difference and I was responding to his weather as being just that and not climate change that does not express the ever changing event as static! We have always had and always will have climate change! The only thing constant in the universe is change! So to say it is changing compared to what? BTW I just turned 57 and take only vitamins, my BP is 130/72 my HDL/LDL total is 167. I have passed my treadmill and take no "Meds" so what you see and hear is all me!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 06-10-2008 at 03:20 AM.
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

take no "Meds" so what you see and hear is all me!
    oh I know what I hear is all you, it's a joke

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Don't try dangerous jokes without professional training! Good jokes always have a bases in truth with a twist, bad jokes just have no bases in reality or fact!

Today the Dumocrats are trying to pass a Winfall tax on oil companies and really believe that will bring down prices! Ever heard of Jimmy Carter? So if something that stupid passes get ready for odd and even days again and the joke will be on us! Again they think people are stupid enough to go with the mob and not understand that we will pay and the government will collect!

Who owns oil companies? 47% owned by pension plans and a total of 67% by small investors all around the world! The rest by institutional corperate investment! All monies earned at point of sale paid by you and I!

Registered Users

Default hampering my diving

With the Million dollars I have in dive equipment...
    A few bucks at the pump won't put a dent in my diving...
    I can't stop now...

Got to dive...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Wait till the first time someone drills a hole in your car while your diving to steal your $125.00 of gas sitting in your tank! It's happening here in California, after all we are trend setters! The guy who invented the portable drill never thought of this! Drill $39.95, Gas $125.00 per tank, Lost dive Priceless!

Don't try dangerous jokes without professional training! Good jokes always have a bases in truth with a twist, bad jokes just have no bases in reality or fact!
    Lighten UP!!! I'm not even the first one that mentioned it, and please get over the political crap, EVERYONE else has

Drill $39.95, Gas $125.00 per tank, Lost dive Priceless!
    Now that's funny, but true. For some dumb reason new plastic tanks are almost double new steal tanks. But of course most new cars have plastic ones.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast