Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are fuel prices hampering your diving?

City
    London
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Freedom and Environmentalism do not go together it has become the home of the communist ideologue and it is a said day!
    You're equating environmentalists with communists? Yep, Papa, you are a wacko nut job, and your spelling is atrocious!!

As for the orginal post, fuel in the UK is now at between 1.10 and 1.30 a litre stirling, depending on what you are buying, having risen around 30% in the last 9 months. It's another squeeze on the economy that we don't need, and particularly annoying when we see the profits, share prices and associated executive bonuses of the oil companies go sky high....

But has it affected my diving? Absolutely not, no more then it does me living my day to day life. I just need to make adjustments to ensure the necessities get met, like food, shelter and a regular dose of underwater activity.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlefish View Post
    You're equating environmentalists with communists? Yep, Papa, you are a wacko nut job, and your spelling is atrocious!!

As for the orginal post, fuel in the UK is now at between 1.10 and 1.30 a litre stirling, depending on what you are buying, having risen around 30% in the last 9 months. It's another squeeze on the economy that we don't need, and particularly annoying when we see the profits, share prices and associated executive bonuses of the oil companies go sky high....

But has it affected my diving? Absolutely not, no more then it does me living my day to day life. I just need to make adjustments to ensure the necessities get met, like food, shelter and a regular dose of underwater activity.
    Hey bottlefish-

All thought I might have had the exact same thoughts, don't be surprised if your post vanishes. They don't like personal attacks of members Oh yea BTW if you use mozilla firefox there is an automatic spell check. I just got turned onto it, and there are a few other features that are nice but there are still times I have to use internet explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I think it will mean the majority of my diving is closer to home this summer. We are paying $1.40/litre here and we haven't even entered the "Rip Off The Tourists" season yet ...
    So it can get worse. Converting it to gallons and factoring in that the US dollar is now worth less then the CAN (thanks to the biggest retardican) that's right around five and a half dollars

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Yep and your think is atrocious so what? I may have missed used a word, but none were miss spelled! And the attacks begin! Yes and I stand behind every word comrade! But leave it to liberals to put form over substance! Thank god I am a successful capitalist and really don't care what it goes to for myself! So please feel free to attack my facts and leave the personal attacks for a in person meeting! As far as the Republicans deflating the dollar, who had Congress for the last few years? Hum, Nancy took over oil was 58 a barrel now its 139! "We will bring down the cost of fuel in the first 100 days"! LOL!!!! Right! Liberals have had 60 years and they have destroyed freedom in this country!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    London
    Country
    UK

Thanks for sharing your opinions Papa, insightful and educational as always.

But how about just sticking to the original question and leaving the political soap box behind? Has the increase in fuel prices affected your diving?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The question is will politicians, environmentalist, and the news media effect your diving and they are! Ask any LDS any where in the world! Many resorts are feeling the pinch from fuel prices and my point is it is not supply of oil it is the delivery of the supply effected by the above! BTW in the USA a person walking a mile creates more CO2 than an automobile driving the same mile! Hum! Although facts seem to be the real shortage!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

BTW in the USA a person walking a mile creates more CO2 than an automobile driving the same mile! Hum! Although facts seem to be the real shortage!
    Yea actual facts do seem pretty hard to come by, I take it you didn't look at the link because it's a govt. communist conspiracy....right?

How much carbon dioxide do humans contribute through breathing?

The average person, through the natural process of breathing, produces approximately 2.3 pounds of carbon dioxide per day. The actual amount depends strongly on the person's activity level. However, this carbon dioxide is part of a natural closed-loop cycle and does not contribute to the greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere. Natural processes of photosynthesis (in plants) and respiration (in plants and animals) maintain a balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Thus, the carbon dioxide from natural process is not included in greenhouse gas inventories.

In contrast, the burning of fossil fuels upsets this natural equilibrium by adding a surplus of carbon dioxide into the system. The carbon in fossil fuels has been stored underground for millions of years and thus is not part of the current natural carbon cycle. When those fuels are burned, the carbon dioxide generated is over and above the amount circulating from natural sources. Land use changes such as deforestation also upset the natural equilibrium by reducing the amount of carbon dioxide removed from the atmosphere by forests. Thus, both fossil fuel burning and deforestation are accounted for by scientists who develop greenhouse gas inventories to study how greenhouse gases contribute to climate change.

City
    London
    Country
    UK

The question is will politicians, environmentalist, and the news media effect your diving and they are!
    No, the question most definitely was has the increase in fuel prices affected your diving.

You've chose chosen to hijack the thread, again, with your own political rants and lead it straight into another pointless discussion/debate/argument over environmental issues and beliefs.

I very much doubt that your facts and well informed comments are going to disuade me and people like me from what we believe, any more then our facts or well informed comments will be heard by you.

So really, why bother? It just gets ugly, personal, and I'm sure will put people off the site.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Are fuel prices hampering your diving, especially if you live inland and must drive further?
    I agree bottlefish so just to be clear here is what the original question is! I don't see anything about politics or all the other crap!!! Simple answer and mine is NO plus I live on the coast so it isn't that bad. So lets stick to the question!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by bottlefish View Post
    No, the question most definitely was has the increase in fuel prices affected your diving.

You've chose chosen to hijack the thread, again, with your own political rants and lead it straight into another pointless discussion/debate/argument over environmental issues and beliefs.

I very much doubt that your facts and well informed comments are going to disuade me and people like me from what we believe, any more then our facts or well informed comments will be heard by you.

So really, why bother? It just gets ugly, personal, and I'm sure will put people off the site.

Just my humble opinion, of course.
    Well maybe it will inform someone and educate those willing to keep an open mind! You, and many like you are sheep to slaughter and its all your choice! If I open the eyes of one person or give hope that all the dome and gloom is bogus then its worth my time! If you think I have hijacked anything I am not the one who attacks without fact my answer! All I ever offer is facts and food for thought! A starving brain is a terrible thing to see! BTW you spelled Dissuade wrong! Stones and glass houses, at least may facts still stand!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast