Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are fuel prices hampering your diving?

Default Are fuel prices hampering your diving?

Are fuel prices hampering your diving, especially if you live inland and must drive further?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

They're crunching everything! The Chinese are 68 miles of Miami stealing our oil, yet our own Dumocrats won't allow us to drill! We are supposed to save our selves into independence yet we don't drill, we don't build Nuclear plants, and we haven't built a refinery in 30 plus years! And the Dumocrats want to tax the oil companies! Really! Get a brain! Who is stupid enough not to figure out who will pay that tax? Come on! In 1994 Clinton closed Anware saying it would take 10 years to get the oil! Well 14 years later here we are! We have gone from 9 million barrels per day domestic production down to 5 million! And you wonder why it costs so much? Plus we are shipping our money to people who, no matter what Hussein Obama gives them, don't and won't like us! Whatever happened to "No blood for oil" now its "Wheres the oil for all we have paid"! We are a people that are easily fooled by our politicians and will give up all of our freedoms for "Our Children" and "The environment"! So shut up and pay the price or get educated and vote! This is not the 50's anymore and we can drill oil with destroying the Reindeer! Our you can follow Chicken Little Obama over the cliff! But whinnying about it makes no sense at all! If you think $5.00 is bad just wait, and it still beats walking!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 06-06-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Are fuel prices hampering your diving, especially if you live inland and must drive further?
    Honestly NO.

Of course it costs more for me to drive to the dive boat, and the boat tacked on and additional $10 to cover the costs of fuel, but it does not stop or slow down my diving. Although the fuel prices are really high, it is something we are going to have to learn to live with. They have been like this in Europe for many years and they are doing very well.

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

No for me also. The Big Boss (read: Wife) doesn't really issue a kitchen pass except for about once per quarter for the long weekend out of state trips. So, I have three months to save up for the gas bill. Plus, we normally rent a van and split the gas cost amongst the group. But, that doesn't mean we don't bitch when it's our turn to pay.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

As I live in San Diego, it has not really effected how much I dive but is certainly changing where I dive. I wanted to go to Cancun for vacation this summer but with the high cost of air travel, I will just stay home and spend the money on local dives. We need more oil rigs to dive. Drill, Drill, Drill!

Brian

Well no it hasn't changed my diving since I don't normally drive since most of my diving has been with my university. But to address the other issues, more drilling isn't the solution. It might be the quick fix but it's not the right answer. We need to get rid of our dependence on oil and find a better cleaner solution. The amount of oil isn't the issue it's the lack of atmosphere we have left to absorb the emissions from the burning of fossil fuels. I've ignored it for a while but this isn't a political forum the last I checked. All though it's great to bring up, but lets give up the dumocrats, unless you're willing to acknowledge the retardicans

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I think it will mean the majority of my diving is closer to home this summer. We are paying $1.40/litre here and we haven't even entered the "Rip Off The Tourists" season yet ...
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    Well no it hasn't changed my diving since I don't normally drive since most of my diving has been with my university. But to address the other issues, more drilling isn't the solution. It might be the quick fix but it's not the right answer. We need to get rid of our dependence on oil and find a better cleaner solution. The amount of oil isn't the issue it's the lack of atmosphere we have left to absorb the emissions from the burning of fossil fuels. I've ignored it for a while but this isn't a political forum the last I checked. All though it's great to bring up, but lets give up the dumocrats, unless you're willing to acknowledge the retardicans
    Wake up! We use oil! There is no alternative and we need to do it all! It always sounds like my wife when she tells me how much she saved me at the sale! You can't save yourself into a millionaire anymore than oil independence! We are 40 years behind on Nuclear plants, reduced production, and we are NOT running out of oil! Period! Carbon has nothing to do with warming anything! Water vapor is the biggest green house gas! Look at the percentage of CO2! I get Irate when divers buy that crap! Dumocrats are about doom and gloom and all that is bad with this country and ignorance is the highest price we pay in the world! You can't talk about Gas prices without politics since they are directly connected! This goes back to Peanut head Jimmy and Billy Boy!

We are not warming and if you would pay attention the ocean has dropped a 1/2 degree "C" in the last 5 years! It has nothing to do with US, but all to do with the SUN! Not one prediction of the Left and the ALGORE has come true! Great inconvenient truth! LOL

We drive our economy on oil, every good sold is delivered by a diesel truck and growth means the free flow of this commodity! Our air is the cleanest in 50 years, our water is safe, and we enjoy a life style that is the best in the world! Other countries would love to have it and are using the GW issue and the UN to get it!

So you go ahead and buy the party line and it will lead to another one and maybe you'll get free cheese!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 06-07-2008 at 05:52 PM.
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Well we are obviously an oil driven country right now but it SHOULD, not saying that it will change. Change isn't going to happen tomorrow, or the next day, probably not even in the next 20yrs. But that doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen. When did I ever say we are running out of oil? Oh yea were just running out of an atmosphere it absorb the emissions. Which leads to global warming and ocean acidification, the second of which is probably a bigger short term problem, but that of course only if you believe in the overwhelming scientific data supporting those two issues. It's 100% correct that water vapor is the largest green house gas, but the the largest one that humans have a direct impact on is carbon. Our air might be the cleanest it's been but that's primarily due to emission laws, diesel got a lot cleaner than compared to the past. Take a look at this creditable website: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

If the Government is trying to use the "Sky falling" to control you then they would have the so called evidence! But nothing they have predicted has come to fruition, so where is GW? Where is it caused by man? As far as running out of atmosphere you need to take a class in that it is always being renewed. If science was about consensus then Columbus's ships would have sailed over the edge! If you were paying attention you know that 35000 scientists have said it was bunk! More Dumocrat propaganda to prop up ALGORE and gain control of the US government by scaring the "Un-informed electorate" into putting them in office! We are losing freedom in this country on a daily bases! Seattle just band fires on the beach because of GW! Really! People go okay, we don't need to do that! Well in a free country we should be able to!

Earth first and other friends embedded in the Dumocrat party wanted this years ago! "If we can only push up the cost of fuel, we can stop all the cars and trucks, and end all motor sports by the year 2000!" Well they are close! Next it will be Dive boats and supercilious trips to the beach where you will kill the reefs with your sun block and get skin cancer anyway! These people see us as a virus ojn the world and want us gone or controlled completely!

We are coming to a cross roads where you won't be able to own a dog or cat, they will tell you what to drive and when, how to heat and cool your home, and every other aspect of your life! Oh ya it's already here! All brought to you by the Dumocrats!

I have seen them close millions of acres to off road and family activities and the sea is next! Mark my words regulation is coming to the dive industry near you!

We have long ago started down the slippery slope and are on the way into a pit! Freedom and Environmentalism do not go together it has become the home of the communist ideologue and it is a said day!

Will prices effect your diving? Hell yes, it already has, and all things including a ferry ride to Avalon will cost a lot more! This could devastate the dive industry to the liking of all those environmentalist that will now call me a wacko nut job!

When you do a live a board dive boat and they charge you a fuel surcharge that is the same as raising the prices and will discourage some from booking!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast